Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this on my "Technical Questions" thread but the new format doesn`t seem to allow a new addition, subject wise, to my ongoing thread???

I was sent a "rebuilt" set of Weber 45 DCOE 14s to update so they would work with a race level head built last month.

Oddly, these 45s commonly claimed to be GTA sourced, were choked to what appears to be 1300 Veloce specs (jetting) and internal components (the AVs and choke tubes.) The AVs were long thick AVs as commonly seen in 40 DCOE production carbs. Pics will be shown of the internals "IF!" the BB accepts pics.(Last post no??)

Whatever, pics show mods done to the Internal components and body of the carbs.

I can`t imagine that GTAs used such AVs. Regardless of runner diameter, availibilty of volumn properly atomized, into the manifold regardless of that manifold`s diameter, (relating to charge speed) I wouldn`t use such a AV.

These mods have been used in several customers race and very high output street motors. Similar mods to such AVs in 40 DCOEs have been done.

See pics of original parts modified to improve drivability and HP below:

Never mind can`t download pics!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
FWIW stock GTA Stradale used the long thick wall auxiliary venturis with 30mm venturi - the whole intake was choked down ....

Oddly, these 45s commonly claimed to be GTA sourced, were choked to what appears to be 1300 Veloce specs (jetting) and internal components (the AVs and choke tubes.) The AVs were long thick AVs as commonly seen in 40 DCOE production carbs.

Whatever, pics show mods done to the Internal components and body of the carbs.

I can`t imagine that GTAs used such AVs. Regardless of runner diameter, availibilty of volumn properly atomized, into the manifold regardless of that manifold`s diameter, (relating to charge speed) I wouldn`t use such a AV.

·
Premium Member
13,169 Posts
Richard,
email me the pictures and I will try to post them

·
Out of the office!
11,282 Posts
RJ, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will ask that there be an enhancement so we can add subjects to our posts within a thread.

For now, I suggest the following:

ADD A TITLE LIKE THIS AS THE FIRST LINE IN YOUR POST

The tools they have given us are pretty useless. But for now, this is about all you can do.

Below the Post reply box, you can see B I U. Those are for Bold Italics Underline. Click the B and U before you type the title. After you type the title, click the B and U to turn them off.

·
Premium Member
13,169 Posts
Here are the missing pictures
Rweber1.jpg
Rweber1.jpg
Rweber2.jpg
Rweber3.jpg
Rweber4.jpg
Rweber5.jpg
Rweber6.jpg

·
Richard Jemison
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ed!
Actually the 4th picture was added by accident. It is a pair of 40 DCOEs that were similarly modified. Entrance is 48mm. You can see the additional clearance between the opening and the holes to mount the Airbox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts