Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New year, thought i would start it out with a curious question...is it possible to put a 105 running gear (trans/rear axle) into an Alfetta? Would the result be any good? Sure it was built for the transaxle, but what if for the sake of discussion, guibos became obsolete? It would be like hot rodding any car, you just swap out the drive train that is readily available

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
New year, thought i would start it out with a curious question...is it possible to put a 105 running gear (trans/rear axle) into an Alfetta? Would the result be any good? Sure it was built for the transaxle, but what if for the sake of discussion, guibos became obsolete? It would be like hot rodding any car, you just swap out the drive train that is readily available
Why?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Not too long ago, there was a guy who modified an Alfetta and it had 2 transmissions. It had a 105/115 trans up front and the Alfetta trans at the back. Wish I had saved some photos of it.

That aside, the transaxle cars are far superior handling to the earlier ones. Giubos (I BEFORE U!) aren't going anywhere :)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear, just contemplating if anyone had tried to do this. People hot rod all kinds of things and this just seemed like it might have been attempted. Yeah I know...lame idea.:)
Not worth the paper it is printed on.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
There's a guy up in Canada that I think runs a Alfetta with a 105/115 drive train. Bernie Betzima or something close.

Greg

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That twin transmission Alfetta was unique!
I remember seeing it on ebay a few years ago.
I'm not sure I would trust that set up that he fabricated at 150 MPH!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts