Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Not my cup of tea

Pete
Probably not most people's. Doubt it will go for top dollar. But it wouldn't take inordinate money to improve. New wheels/tires (or proper flares for those wheels), get rid of the tacked on bumpers (either entirely or replace with stock), fix the interior, and it will present way better. Could be a good deal.

Buyer should definitely ditch that harness setup. It needs either 3 point belts or a proper roll bar in the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rust? What are thoughts on rust?

I think it looks great, just not sure about corrosion. Underside looks rough? It would be a project.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Rust? What are thoughts on rust?

I think it looks great, just not sure about corrosion. Underside looks rough? It would be a project.
Chassis looks good (at least from photos). For whatever reason they didn't pretty-up the suspension bits when they did the chassis.

·
Registered
1985 Spider (SSM AutoX)
518 Posts
What's that little tank under the trunk floor? Is this a dry sump car?

·
Super Moderator
12,252 Posts
What's that little tank under the trunk floor? Is this a dry sump car?
The BaT write-up says the car was rear-ended. Photos show a custom fuel tank, so I suspect that "little tank" is just an appendage to the main tank.

I think the car is perfect - just needs wider tires :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time posting. The video of the "drive by" looks straight out of Letter Kenny... but I'm going to watch it and see what something like this goes for. Complete noob to Alfas but absolutely love the way they look, the fact that I CAN work on them, the history of the mark, etc. etc.

I saw this on BAT. How tough would it be to get this into California from Canada? From what I have read it seems like if the car is older there aren't as many hoops to jump through in order to pass emissions, etc? Anyway. Like I said- totally new to all of this but great BB thus far!

·
Registered
317 Posts
My advice is to put this car out of your mind - not because there's anything terribly wrong with it that a new interior kit and more reasonable wheels won't fix. I lurked here on the BB for about 4 years before I pulled the trigger on my GTV. It's easy to get sucked in by their sexiness, but you have to learn what to look for or there's a good chance of getting in trouble. This is the place to learn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My advice is to put this car out of your mind - not because there's anything terribly wrong with it that a new interior kit and more reasonable wheels won't fix. I lurked here on the BB for about 4 years before I pulled the trigger on my GTV. It's easy to get sucked in by their sexiness, but you have to learn what to look for or there's a good chance of getting in trouble. This is the place to learn.
Totally. Good advice! When I buy I want to have the car for the long run... so definitely want to do so with an idea of what I'm getting myself into! Thanks Matt.

·
Administrator
15,402 Posts
If that is a furl surge tank, why then run the fuel line so close to the exhaust ... 💥

Btw it has an Alfaholics fuel tank above the rear axle and some serial number drama, if the comments on BAT are worth listening to
Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts