Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this engine a couple of years ago to replace the engine in my '80. Well, I have since sold my car :( and didn't need this one.

The details are:
2 liter AR0 1500 05509 engine for SPICA injection ('72-'74 GTV, Spider, Berlina)
10.4 CR pistons, Hastings rings
Alfa Romeo 10548 03200 “51" Cams, AKA "mystery cams", 11.04mm lift - reputed to be the best OE street/performance cams (search the forums with that part number)
Completely performance rebuilt ~25k miles ago by Ron Peterson of Autotechnica, in Boulder, CO in '85 and installed in a '69 Duetto. Looking at it inside and out it looks like last month. It was removed only to return the car to the correct 1750 engine.
Also includes lightened flywheel (130 tooth) and clutch assembly(25k on them as well), I also have an alternator, starter and air box if you need them along with new plug wires, cap, air filter and some odds and ends. No distributor or pump.

Since I bought it a couple of years ago I have detailed it, refinished the valve cover (black wrinkle) and otherwise gotten it ready for installation. It would probably be a good idea to replace the crank seals and maybe the water pump, but other than that, it is ready to install.

Price is a steal at $1500 OBO, I would prefer local pickup or I could probably deliver in the Denver area. Shipping is also possible. PM for more details.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offer accepted, so it looks like this can be considered sold.

That was fast...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I guess not to me. ��
Sorry... I've been there, it sucks. I received a full price offer with a deposit. If for some reason that deal falls through, it is yours.

Looks like the market is better than I thought it was. I probably should have put it on ebay, but it is good that it is going to a bb member.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts