Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Padua a couple of weeks back to the Auto d'epoca and noticed this wild 1600Z. Sorry, no VIN.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Fred,

Did you get any shots of the engine compartment? Also, what was the asking price for the car?

-John

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sorry. The seller was not around only a phone number was listed on the sign - no price or other info (other then it is a 1600). I would have looking into in more but the event is so huge and I visited so many other private Alfa collections in the days before - I was getting burned out?!. Generally prices at the Padua event are much higher then they should be and the first look quality of many of the cars is not trustworthy. Lots of patch and paint to make them look good from a distance - and stick a high price on the window.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder (especially when it comes to modified cars) but this one looks professionally done - I Like it!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
This car is completely nuts and not pretty :wacko:. A saying comes to mind "It is not done until it's overdone". I do like it though:001_smile:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, great work!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not sure it's the same one. Look at the front wing line. In the period photo the point where the wheel arch meets the plexiglass is very different

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Same car

No, sorry. The seller was not around only a phone number was listed on the sign - no price or other info (other then it is a 1600). I would have looking into in more but the event is so huge and I visited so many other private Alfa collections in the days before - I was getting burned out?!. Generally prices at the Padua event are much higher then they should be and the first look quality of many of the cars is not trustworthy. Lots of patch and paint to make them look good from a distance - and stick a high price on the window.
Hello Fred,

Same car as the one in these pictures; http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/697469-post8.html

Ciao, Olaf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts