Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love the Auto section at WM. 2 qts of MMO at about the same price of 1 in Pep Boys.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup - official Alfa abreviation for the stuff that lubes the Spica system:cool:

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,059 Posts
I've been known to pay a 100% premium on items to avoid setting foot in the People's Republic of Wal Mart.
**** straight.

Unfortunately they're the only place I've found that carries the red cap Mobil1 15W50. You have no idea how much it ticks me off to have to shop there.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
**** straight. You have no idea how much it ticks me off to have to shop there.
:rolleyes: You guys probably don't like Anjoelina Joelie either and her humanitarian efforts :(. I get great satisfaction knowing my purchase of $7.00 today will feed one of their workers family of 6 for a year:).

·
Out of the office!
11,612 Posts
I've been known to pay a 100% premium on items to avoid setting foot in the People's Republic of Wal Mart. Oh well, at least MMO is still made in this country, I think.

Bill
I wouldn't buy blood there is I needed it to save my life. The wonderful city of Broomfield, Colorado recently approved the building of a supercenter in my backyard. Hundreds of residents turned out at the city council meetings to voice their displeasure with having one of the stores in our neighborhood. The council could have cared less what we had to say.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
, at least MMO is still made in this country, I think.

Bill

Well, the "new" containers are plastic :( without all the cool stuff (arrows etc.) that was on the metal continers. I will save my last metal container because it appears the will be (are ?) collector items. I also see that on my old metal container the company was in Port Chester, NY and now it's in the midwest.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Midwest, Oh my!
bunch of commies pushing grains, milk and now plastic oil bottles. I say we embargo those cheese heads. Its because of those pseudo Americans that we don't have a cow in every back yard anymore. You young whippersnapppers and your fang dangled horseless carriages "spiders" will be the death of this great nation.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I wouldn't buy blood there is I needed it to save my life. The wonderful city of Broomfield, Colorado recently approved the building of a supercenter in my backyard. Hundreds of residents turned out at the city council meetings to voice their displeasure with having one of the stores in our neighborhood. The council could have cared less what we had to say.
Same in my neck of the woods for CVS and similar drug stores. We have Eckerds, CVS and WalGreen's on the same street - and in the next town 1 mile away, Ditto:confused:. Do we need all these drug stores? And with regards to WM, I go in there about once a year. That's why I bought 2 bottles of MMO:) so I won't have to back too soon:D. I'd sooner buy stuff over the internet. I buy probably 95% of auto related parts from either Rock Auto or IAP. Pep Boys is one store that IMO is a real POS. They had a rebate program last year where you could buy a Puro oil filter for 2.49 and get a 2.49 rebate - so I got the big Alfa filters that normally go for 5 bucks for half price and then got them for nothing after the rebate. Problem being, the scumbaggers never sent me any checks until I called them and asked them .
The rebate bureau apologized but I asked them why do I always keep having to call (I bought about 8 filters). Just a scam figuring most people wouldn't follow up. I was so pizzed off at them, I got all my rebate money and won't deal with them again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts