Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

Just wondering if any fellow racers are planning to go to the mitty this year?

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I'd love to go but that's a tough time for me to go away (April 23rd - April 26th) I raced there for the first time in 2018 at a LeMons event and really loved that track. As it gets closer I'll see if there is a way to make it happen. So far for 2020 besides the 4 LeMons races I'll do I am going to be doing 3 SVRA races, Sebring, Lime rock and Watkins Glen.

·
Premium Member
13,719 Posts
Which Sebring event?

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
February 25th - March 1st.

Anyone else coming racing there? The SVRA has been having a bit of a challenge keeping the small bore - not crazy wealthy racers at their events.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's pretty much why i don't race with SVRA much anymore. not enough track time for the $

·
Richard Jemison
7,240 Posts
hat's pretty much why i don't race with SVRA much anymore. not enough track time for the $
I have to agree, They seem to wan`t to be the "elite" race gropp in a contest with HSR which is fat too "Porsche centric" with their race groups and track time.

I`m going to Sebring this Thursday to run the "coupe" as regardless of my life changing wreck there it is my favorite course to drive. It is an SCCA`s SARRC event with a vintage run group. Entry fee...$250.00.

·
Richard Jemison
7,240 Posts
I forgot: "THE MITTY"
It has become way oversubscribed. Organizers are cramming in everything with wheels. to "have a run group" for every imaginable car design, and way too little track time for all vis-a-vis the entry fee. This was once a real high level guality vintage car racing event. No more!
Finding a parking place in either paddock is nearly impossible, period, and truly a challenge for a 75 Ft. long car hauler.

Since Michelin has taken over "Track Management", there is no track access before 5 PM the day before our scheduled tract times begins. This because of a "Racing School". As well, now, Sunday`s "Quite Time" is now 3 hour`s long. Really cuts short track time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will going to the SVRA Sebring event in a few weeks. A long trip from NY but a great way to start the season.
Definitely will not be going to The Mitty. As Richard stated , its been way over subscribed.
I plan on doing SVRA Watkins Glen for " Alfas at the Glen 2020" .
Most of my racing this year will be with VRG and VDCA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts