Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
The first 4 chrome plated parts look like what we call "bumper overriders" and the holes would be for attachment of the thick rubber pad; although some have a chrome plated 'button' to fill the hole. On their rusty back side I can see "F" probably for front and "R" for rear in yellow- not certain what they fit, nor what the other parts are.
Mark

·
Push hard and live
10,184 Posts
Franco,

Like you, I have just finished touching every part on a 102 04. Other than the bumper over-riders (which were for American market cars), I don't recognize the other pieces. Possible for Sprint or Sedan?

It is difficult to know the scale of your items, but the large black thing at the top might be a panel that fits under the front of the engine. The latter two panels look consistent with Alfa manufactured items, but I have not seen anything like them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yes and maybe

As Mark (Ironblock) and Don (DPeterson3) state, the set of four chromed pieces seen from the back are bumper overriders common on American version 102 spiders. I note that three have welded into them washers which probably could make them stronger at the point where bolts from inside go forward into the rubber bumper overrider covers ("rugged rubber baby bumpers") to hold them fast to the front.

Now the maybe: Although not exactly the same as the pieces sometimes found on European version spiders (and, I might add also the two liter sprint) the three black pieces (including the two side pieces in addition to the one so carefully painted of which we have been afforded both top and bottom views) could perhaps be fitted around the front of a two liter engine as faring in the car. Not quite the same (and all I previously have even seen are only two piece sets), but possibly for that use nonetheless.

As for the nice shiny oval ring with so many holes, I have never seen one of those involved with two liter or 2600. However, I do have some faint recollection of having seen something like that before, possibly an access panel on the interior side of the rear door of Datsun B210 station wagon?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts