Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear spoiler on my US version 84 Spider Veloce carries a badge with "injection" on the drivers side, passenger side is clearly missing a badge.....I've seen "Spider 2.0" badges, is that what I'm missing?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think I saw on your last pics that your 84 actually has an 86+ rear spoiler for some reason.

The 86+ style is hard rubber with built in brake light, it would say 'Spider Veloce' on the passenger side

An 84 style is a softer foam spoiler with no brake light, it would say 'Spider 2.0' on the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I saw on your last pics that your 84 actually has an 86+ rear spoiler for some reason.

The 86+ style is hard rubber with built in brake light, it would say 'Spider Veloce' on the passenger side

An 84 style is a softer foam spoiler with no brake light, it would say 'Spider 2.0' on the passenger side.
I was wondering about that...because earlier styles had the Alfa Romeo emblem in the middle, right? Mine is on the trunk lid, so that there's space for a third brake light....it is indeed the hard plastic, so are the side pieces....perhaps it's been in a wreck once, I don't know...so I guess I should look for a Spider Veloce badge to make sure it fits!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
folks, this brings up another interesting question. The spoiler has the built in third brake light, but of course, because it's an 84, I think the trunk lid is not wired for it.....there's also no bulb holder, it's just the lens in the spoiler. Now, does anyone have any experience with how to deal with it when getting the car inspected? I'm assuming that there may be an exception for cars prior to a certain date lacking a third brake light....but when it's there, does it have to work? I could not find anything conclusive in the rules (this is TEXAS, BTW)

·
Registered
184 Posts
in Texas you must have two working brake light unless built before 1960 ,from The Texas driver hand book (Brake Lights (Two Brake Lights – Except vehicles manufactured prior to 1960 require only One Brake Light ) I have seen cars pass with the third light and one other working as long as there are two

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would agree with JEFFDHURLEY1. As long as you have two brake lights on the back, you'll be fine with the inspection. The light fixture in your spoiler is merely decoration as far as the inspector is concerned.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts