Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
Does anyone have a source for the (mainly) plastic assembly that goes in the mirror of some series 2 spiders and holds the bulb/switch for the interior light? The plastic on mine is beyond repair as it has become very brittle.
In case this has to be sourced as a used part it would be good to know what year cars these came on also!

TIA
Dave G.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I've been looking for one, as well.
The mirrors will pop up on Ebay every now-and-then. However their rarity makes them pricy.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi all:
Does anyone have a source for the (mainly) plastic assembly that goes in the mirror of some series 2 spiders and holds the bulb/switch for the interior light? The plastic on mine is beyond repair as it has become very brittle.
In case this has to be sourced as a used part it would be good to know what year cars these came on also!

TIA
Dave G.
I believe Re-Originals has them, or can get them- if not, try Highland in England- both should be listed on the Alfa web site- I'll try to get the email addresses for you when I get home.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I have one but the ball has popped out of the lever in the switch. The lens is fine. I will donate it to either of you if you have the patience to fix the switch.
Ed

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a tall order Ed! but since I have the parts to mine I would be happy to try. The plastic on mine is "moth eaten" and just started turning to dust around the edges as I tried to remove it.
The car has been in Az. most of it's life, great for the metal but a problem for plastics/fabrics!
I took the mirror out and removed it (glass and mirror needed cleaning anyway).
Send me a PM or e-mail.

TIA
Dave G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts