Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My mirror gaskets are trashed and look terrible. Is anyone 3D printing these yet?? please say yes someone

I figure if im able to buy new door handle gaskets for my Milano, surely I can get new gaskets for my GTV6 wing mirrors (y)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those seem to have come in two materials for the base gasket... rubber, and a flexible plastic like HDPE or PP. The rubber ones seem to hold up better, if you can find any used ones out there.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
+1 for interest if anyone is making them

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya many of the plastic parts on my older saab's are being reproduced with 3D printing. The only caveat is that a good condition one should be found to use to reproduce it. Lets jump on it!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I’ve only ever seen rubber. Some soft, some hardened and they feel like plastic...

I had a NOS set of these just need to find them. If someone has the capability to properly remake these and only needs a NOS sample I will provide the sample (if I find them!).

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I should correct earlier statement to address what Peter said. I missed that he said base gaskets. The BASE gaskets I have only seen plastic including NOS in the baggie but maybe there are rubber versions.

The CAP gaskets that go between the cap and mirror body I have only seen rubber and that’s what I was referring to. They’re frequently missing.

I still should have a sample. Who has a 3D printer ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im pretty sure these days you can send parts like these out to a small parts producer and have them made in runs on a commercial 3D printer

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks for helping clear that up Rob. I was referring to the base gaskets between the metal base plate and the beltline body sill as being found in rubber and a flexible plastic. The O-rings between the plastic frame and cap are only in rubber, from my experience. The rubber base gaskets seem to hold up better than the propylene units when folks crank down too hard on securing the mirrors to the door. I think the O-ring styles could be replaced by a O-ring in the right diameter and length from a source with a good inventory.

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
58 Posts
I picked up a used one on eBay yesterday for $40.00. Had to take a loan from the Christmas present fund.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts