Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,361 Posts
Plenty of times I've seen the serious model collectors pay more for models than some real cars ($500 Berlinas and Lancia Appias I've had come to mind). I'll take the real ones any day, myself, but do understand the appeal of models.

I have a large-scale stamped metal Giulia Super windup that matches my real one in interior and exterior colors, which is pretty cool.

Andrew

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Here is what I would call "mint" except for the wear marks on the box. This is from eBay auction 190168311510 which ended today at EUR 426.75 (about USD 625.91).

Attachments

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
That is a VERY, VERY rare set, and probably worth the price it brought!
The last one I've seen went on eBay about 3 months ago for about EUR 280. That one was in better condition -- completely virgin with the cellophane cover still over the tray with the parts. (Just to make a point about what "mint" means to me).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The last one I've seen went on eBay about 3 months ago for about EUR 280. That one was in better condition -- completely virgin with the cellophane cover still over the tray with the parts. (Just to make a point about what "mint" means to me).
Now that is mint, or close to it- what a cool set! I've got a couple of 1/43 Duettos and a commemorative BMW 2002 I got from the BMWCCA for the 40th anniversary of the 2002- pretty neat silver model- makes me think about starting a small collection of miniatures, as long as they don't start costing as much as the real cars!:D

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Now that is mint, or close to it- what a cool set! I've got a couple of 1/43 Duettos and a commemorative BMW 2002 I got from the BMWCCA for the 40th anniversary of the 2002- pretty neat silver model- makes me think about starting a small collection of miniatures, as long as they don't start costing as much as the real cars!:D
The price of a 1950s Ventura tin Alfa 1900 Touring in mint condition (about 1/12th scale), with the box and accessories (the car has a cable attached to it, with a control box that has a steering wheel with forward and reverse, and plastic pylons to set up and maneuver the car through) is over $10,000!

A Ventura tin Ferrari 340 coupe, which doesn't even have the remote control system, is over $20,000 mint boxed! I only know of 3 or 4 examples left in the whole world!

There are 1890s tin toys by Marklin, such as battleships over 3 feet long, that cost the equivalent of about $2 new, and are now worth in excess of $100,000!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts