Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I surpassed 250,000 mile in my 91 164S. I commute 80 miles each way here in Utah daily. It does help that there are only 5 lights between Logan and where I work in Salt Lake City. The car has been reliable (I do my own work) and other than the power steering leak (hope it is hose) is running perfectly. Terry

·
Premium Member
15,531 Posts
I'm impressed. Gives me something to shoot for.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Awesome! Hey I just put a rebuilt rack into my L with dampener and it was $350.00 so it's not too bad.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Check the hose connections. One of the threaded connectors was backing off on my son's S. We were worried about it losing fluid so rapidly. When we opened the hood and looked into the bay while the engine was running, one of the hoses connected at the steering shaft "knuckle" (or whatever) was loose and leaking. A quick application of a wrench, and all was well.

Don't give up on simple solutions.

Congratulations on the milestone (250k of them)

Michael

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yep, I had hoped mine was a hose but alas it was leaking at the rack. Mine has 150,000 plus miles with haed gaskets, water pump, T-belt, clutch slave and new brakes and brake lines all around in the last year so I hope to get another 100,000 out of her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts