Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the tech specs listed on Kelley's Blue Book for my car ('94 164LS w/auto tranny), and it gave 15 mpg city, 22 mpg highway.

I have been tracking my mileage for a couple years now. I have gotten as low as <12 mpg in bitter cold weather making only short trip of 5 miles or less, but the average is a little under 17 mpg. I just drove from Alexandria, VA to Raleigh, NC and got just over 25.5 mpg on the highway (371.7 miles with 14.561 gallons).

I'm wondering what kind of mileage other 164 owners are seeing.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
95 LS auto 190K miles

Since about 130K, mileage has been just barely north of 19 and south of 20 mpg -- this is non highway ; lots of stop n go and no long stretches of steady speed

Prior to 130 k i could barely touch 20 with the same driving

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
My S makes nearly 30 on the highway as long as I don't put it under the whip too much. Haven't really watched it that close in the city.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
24V different beast

thirstier!

·
Premium Member
27,335 Posts
I don't check mpg very often but last time I did it seems my 12v 164s all avg about 25 mpg whether going fast or slow and I do plenty of both.

I find it very hard not to raise a song through the gears as "A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts