Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
My team and I were there at Stafford Springs Raceway competing in our #26 Milano as well and witnessed Brian, Lonnie, Tom, and Andys epic win in person. They with the help of their crew drove a flawless race combining great speed with just enough caution. They won with either the greatest or near greatest lap count victory in LeMONS history. They deserve a huge congratulations.

We always paddock together with Scuderia Limoni and as far as I and my team (Pro Crash Duh Nation) could see they never turned a nut on their car the entire 15 hours of racing so it was dead nuts reliable.

We had a great time running with them and had a shot at bringing in a first and second Alfa Milano Victory but suffered some crash damage that took us off track for a little more than 3 hours.

On a related note the desirableness of completely rusted, crashed, unrestorable Alfa Milanos just went way way up in the eyes of potential 24 hours of LeMONS builders. Scuderia Limoni and our car in four years have seen 7000 to 8000 miles of racing on the Milano / 75 platform. Both cars are ready to go right now for thousands more.

I think its time for Sergio Marchionne to step up to the plate and offer our cars some factory backing for helping out with the relaunching of the Alfa Romeo brand in America.

Or barring that, maybe a bottle of Limoncello.

What do you think?

Greg Seferian

·
Registered
1976 Alfetta GT, 2018 Giulia Sport
1,781 Posts
Special congrats to our West Coast LeMons driver Brian.
Out on the Left Coast he is helping out our #42 Mustang "the Old and the Wreckless" team out here by filling in as a driver and and serving as Team Mentor.
Wait, maybe he has secretly been using our Mustang as a test vehicle. . . . .
We thought he may be a little over the top for our little team. When he arrives at our LeMons events he has a personnal assistant with cold drinks waiting and a massage after his stints. His uniform is also cleaned before each stint.
Whatever, we certainly are improving as a team with his help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
YAY postive milano feedback! Congrats guys !

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Great job guys! I guess I was the weakest link, I drop out for this race and then we actually finish #1! :) If there was a track where we could do it, it was this one, so we now have the trifecta at this track, and in reverse order too, 3, 2, and finally 1.

Hope the nickels didn't break Tom's springs on the way home!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Greg,

Thanks for the kind words. I have a couple of comments.

First, regarding paddock space, we finally gave up trying to be polite and just decided to park IN THE MIDDLE of your space. I don't think we can get any closer to those meatballs.

Second, we figured out the secret for how to go fast. We observed that all the fast teams (you, the Kielbasa Kids, etc), had their cars up on jack stands, wheels off, doing all kinds of things. However, we also observed that most of those things didn't achieve any actual results. So, Sunday morning, we jacked our car up, removed the wheels, and pretended to make some interesting adjustments while in reality doing absolutely nothing.

I highly recommend it!

Seriously, we do try to address everything on the car back home in the comfort of me garage, this time the planets aligned in our favor.

Jay seems to be changing his tune wrt Alfas. When we first showed up, he predicted none of us would last more than 5 laps. All of the Alfas have been reliable and good!

bs

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Kevin,

All those **** nickels are heavy!

You did pick the wrong race to beg out of. The car was flawless, and we finally executed perfectly. I would be surprised if all of our fueling stops totaled more than 15 - 20 minutes off the track. Jay and Phil actually thought we only used one driver, and didn't have to refuel.

bs

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Brian,

Congrats to you and the team. I wished I could have been there seeing it is just up the road from me. I heard about it right away though as my buddy was on the Chevette team and I got the text: "A Milano won and they were fast".

DOM!

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
Brian,

Congrats to you and the team. I wished I could have been there seeing it is just up the road from me. I heard about it right away though as my buddy was on the Chevette team and I got the text: "A Milano won and they were fast".

DOM!
Thanks Dom! We weren't the fast Milano, but we were able to avoid trouble all weekend. Btw, that Chevette was also dead reliable all weekend, and surprisingly fast!

bs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts