Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm enjoying improving and sorting out a few niggles with the Milano Gold I purchased off the board about a month ago. A new brake light switch replacement has cleared the "light show" on the ARC, except for a faulty windshield washer tank fluid level sensor. I can't find a new part in the U.S. and thought I'd check and see if someone on the board had a new or known good used sensor. Or if anyone knows of a source for this part.

Also having a hard time figuring out how to get my faulty sensor out without completely destroying it.

Thanks for any assistance!

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
I might have one, let me check the basement. I was just cleaning the tank recently.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Any tips for removal?

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
That would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Any tips for removal?
It looks like it's just a press fit, so turn and pull.

Is it supposed to have a float on it? If so mine wont help you.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI,1988 Milano Gold Auto
751 Posts
Yes. Float was included.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, mine has a float on it. Your photo does help me understand a bit better the construction of this sensor, so I do appreciate that!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
I have one, $40. inc shipping. I'll sell the hole Reservoir for $65. (bad pic, it's not blue, it black. Res. looks cracked but isn't). Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob: Thanks, but your part doesn't look like what I need. My tank and sensor look like the photo of the washer fluid tank above, which is press-fit. Your tank is different from mine and your sensor is threaded.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Does your switch physically work? If you move the rod up and down can you get the light to go on and off? If so just pull the float off and stick a wine bottle cork on it.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^ Not sure at this point. I've been unable to remove the sensor - did not want to be too aggressive for fear that I'd break it and I had no spare. Now that I know the sensor fits inside a rubber grommet, I'll give it another go. Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is the washer assembly from my 88 Milano Gold parts car...

If this interests you, I could test any of the parts and let you know.

(This would provide you with spares for everything...)

$75 plus shipping...

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
James: That looks like what I need. Let me know total cost/shipped and I'll pay via PayPal. Already have your info for payment.
(y)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
James: At this point, I don't think so! Once I get the rear seat bottom and back from you (en route now) and this washer bottle, the Milano should be pretty well sorted. Many thanks for the help.

Funny thing is, I took the car out for a little drive today and the ARC was all-clear - no warning signal from the fluid level sensor. So apparently just the IDEA of getting a spare from you resulted in spontaneous automotive healing. :) We'll see if that holds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts