Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a body kit on my Milano that flares the front and rear fenders. There seems to be a lot of room for wider tires. Has anyone done anything similar? What size tires could you use? What wheel dimensions?

Yes, I realize there might be different body kits, but I'm hoping there is one that is more common so that's what I have. I could take measurements to compare if needed.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Supporting Vendor
4,510 Posts
The Milano Verde had fender flares from the factory. They are not an aftermarket body kit but rather part of the Verde trim level.

Unfortunately, the way the flares are mounted they are essentially tacked on over the existing body work and that means they really don't provide any more room inside the wheel well.

If you have the right wheel offset you can run a 7" wide wheel with 225mm width tires fairly easily. However, they do have a tendency to rub in the front at full lock on *some* cars and not on others, depending on suspension and amount of lowering.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Mine is a Verde, but it has added fenders, beyond what was stock for sure. It is not just trim on top of the original. The rear 205's look lost in the wheel wheel. The front flares seem bigger, but the front wheel wells don't look quite as empty.

Do you know the correct offset to fit 225's? I have the RS suspension so maybe that provides a little more room to avoid the rubbing.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
have a look round the Milano/75 forum - there's been a bunch of recent stuff on this subject. Ciao

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks. there is a picture there of a Milano that appears to have the same body kit I have. I sent a message to the poster so that should help! If not, I'll post pictures of my car.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links. There is a picture of a car in the second link (75 Evoluzione) that appears to have the same body kit. I sent a message to see what he can tell me.

Sorry if this shows up multiple times, I have tried to reply a couple of time already but the messages are not showing up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.