Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfisti,

Does anyone specialize in restoring Milano Verdes? I had a great one, but long gone with no hope of finding it.

So, I thinking of finding another and having it restored to new.

Any help appreciated!

Ray

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Not that I've heard of. I'd think it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a really nice one. There were one or two for sale recently.

Kevin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try HeavyMetalAlfa here on the BB. His shop works on GTV6's and Milano's. He is located in Maine.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I would buy the best condition Milano you can find. I purchased my 1988 Milano new in December 1988 and another one from the original owner many years ago. I buy new parts from the normal suppliers, but many parts are purchased through Alfa Parts Exchange. I think that restoring a Milano would be very difficult due to the lack of body and interior parts. I have worked on Alfas since 1968 and it is easier to restore a Giulietta compared to a Milano.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I have two Milanos and purchased one new and the other one with 30,000 miles. I really would not recommend restoring a Milano and would recommend buying the best condition car on the market. I think the Verde is a better car compared to any 2.5 liter car. I might have my Verde repainted and fix parts of the interior, but would not want to restore the car.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Hi Raimondo.

Good condition Verdes are few and far in between nowadays; they are coming to their 30th birthday!

That said, I'm restoring several, for my own collection. I enjoy driving them so much I figured I should have a few kicking around in excellent condition.

Due to the quality of the original "soft" components (plastics, upholstery), I've had to diverge from keeping them factory original, and update them with current materials. The good news is, these materials should last at least another 30 years, by which time they'd be antiques!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts