Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
Finally got my '89 Verde running after a lengthy engine rebuild. So far so good. But the oil pressure reading at the gauge is acting strangely. When the engine is cold, if I blip the throttle, the gauge needle dips down, very quickly, to almost zero and then comes back up to a normal looking range (about 55 - 60 psi). Once the engine warms up, it stops doing that. The reading is stable. I replaced both sending units when the engine was out (I don't have Tuscan forest gnome hands to install them afterward :001_rolleyes:). The gauge sender has the red lead hooked up to it. Do I possibly have the wires crossed? I haven't yet tried that. I don't believe the actual oil pressure could be dropping that fast, and if it were, it would be happening cold OR hot. And all engine grounds are accounted for. Checked very carefully for that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
one sender "drives" the "oh $hit" light. the other the guage. By chance did you wrap the threads with any sealer? It's possible the wires are crossed. Now mine is a 4 banger but for giggles I crossed the wires one time to see if I could get the idiot light to go off and stay off and IIRC I had something similar. ciao jc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts