Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
There’s room alright, if you read the original post the current seller only paid $1500.00 or less for the car. I guess I’m just getting old but it would have been nice for it to end up with someone who was going to use and enjoy it and do the necessary maintenance items to make it truly roadworthy etc. That’s about all I really have to say about this.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Hi Fred -

I respectfully disagree with your assertion. Rather, blame it on enthusiasm for Alfa race cars and naivete.
@peakay and I purchased this car for our first race car project and were very forthcoming with the previous owner as to our intentions.

After getting lots of great advice from fellow AlfaBB members, and spending a tremendous amount of time fixing the non-functioning ABS and sundry "Disco Light" issues, it became clear that the Milano Verde is probably not the best platform to begin with for our novice needs (ABS delete, power steering, et. al).

Also, several folks have suggested that we should rather find an owner who wants to keep the car intact due to rarity of Verde model. Hence eBay.

As our personal reputations are very important to us, I hope this provides clarity.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Who cares how much someone paid for it? I hope it brings as much as the market values it. $1500 was giving it away imho but as long as the seller was satisfied, it's fine. I'm sure it will be going to another enthusiast when it sells.
I'm just pissed because it was not for sale closer to me so I could wash it and re-sell it for a nice profit.;)

Dave

·
Registered
726 Posts
Whatever you do with the car, don't drive it as it sits now. I haven't seen Pirelli P600's in 30 years!.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bidding went over $4k and the reserve has not met then it appears a few bidders cancelled their bids.

A massive profit if the bidding goes over whatever the reserve price is!

I wanted the car when the previous owner first posted the advert but I am in WNY. :(

At the end I hope it will go to a good home, not to another flipper!

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
It seems reasonable to conclude that if the seller was actually grateful for the help and wisdom the BB provided he would have offered it to the BB community first - or at least made a post about it being on eBay. Instead others have pointed it out and the seller has piped in well after it was posted on eBay. Doesn't smell great - and sure, we all like to see someone who actually puts in the work to rehabilitate a car when there's a long list of peopled who would have done just that from the original sale - but he can do what he wants - it's his car.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
@Caxny and @peakay Good luck with the sale, and thank you for saving another Verde!

(if I come across a more suitable candidate for your Alfa aspirations, I'll send them along!)

:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
There’s room alright, if you read the original post the current seller only paid $1500.00 or less for the car. I guess I’m just getting old but it would have been nice for it to end up with someone who was going to use and enjoy it and do the necessary maintenance items to make it truly roadworthy etc. That’s about all I really have to say about this.

Was it on Craigslist for $1500?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts