Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, it's been a while since I posted on here. I had an 88 milano verde that was wrecked up in Portland when a guy didn't yield to oncoming traffic on a green light. To make a long story short, my baby was totaled and I was in a rut and needed a car so I bought a Triumph TR6 because there weren't any Alfas that caught my fancy in Portland. Well, now I'm back in LA and have been working on the TR. I rebuilt all three Weber carbs and put a new cooling system in and it ran beautifully, but the engine was severely lacking power so I had the bright idea to put it in the driveway and disassemble it and do a top end rebuild (new valve train, bumping up compression, cam etc.). As soon as I disassembled the engine though, I lost my job and had a ton of expenses pile up and now I've just lost interest in finishing the project. The engine is about 800 dollars away from being kick ***, but I just really don't love this car enough to see it through.

Now I know this is probably an odd request seeing as Alfa guys (like me) think that no other car can compare, but I was wondering if anyone had a running Alfa (Milano verde perhaps??) that they'd be willing to possibly trade for the TR6?

Thanks people!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Having driven both, if you are just looking for a milano to use as a daily or sometimes driver, all a verde gets you over a 2.5 is orange gauge lettering and disintegrated seats (I am awake they have an LSD and 30 more HP, but most of the time its not that much of a difference most of the time).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts