Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda looking for decent condition seat fabric coverings (bottom and back) for the Milano Silver Edition, most likely from a less used not worn riders seat. Would really prefer it taken off the seat, as shipping of an entire seat would be expensive.

Alfa used really lousy fabric for the Milano interiors, and as most people know, it tended to wear pretty darn quickly. So, our 89 Gold Edition, which came new with Silver seats, is pristine except the driver's seat is showing wear through the fabric in certain areas, even with having used a lousy seat pad, lol. Was thinking that there might be a used but decent condition Silver Edition seat sitting around out there, and if the fabric could be removed, I could install it or have it installed on our driver's seat.

I know ReOriginals has the fabric, is expensive, but the seat covering (bottom and back) taken from a used but decent seat might be less expensive than having an upholstery shop resew the worn sections of the existing driver's seat with new expensive fabric from ReOriginals.

Any ideas/suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, I did the same thing with a Camaro driver seat recently, I swapped the seat back foam and cover from a good passenger seat to the driver side.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Do you really want that god-awful fabric in your car? Maybe try some seat covers instead? If you really want that fabric ReOrginals had had that fabric for a long time, with no buyers. I'd make them an offer.
Bye

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Not that this is what you're looking for, but I had the seats of my Sliver edition recovered with ReOriginals fabric about 25 years ago, with good results; perfect match with original. I actually much prefer how the Silver ed. fabric looks compared to that of the Gold ed., but the as everyone has stated, the durability is terrible. (The Gold seats, on the other hand, seem to wear like iron. Go figure.)

Milanoguy is probably right, ReOriginals likely has the same bolt (actually two bolts) of fabric sitting on the shelf.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I hear you guys. And, yes, I want that same fabric to keep the interior stock, since the rest of the entire interior is as new, as is the outside (not even a door nick). I will use new seat covers, though, after I get the driver's seat fixed, instead of the seat pad, which I think moved around too much, I did use after a while.

At our ages we just don't put many miles on it now, so there will be little or no wear in the future. We normally use the 91 164S as the daily driver (192k miles now), as it just keeps running and the interior in it has held up really well (even the instrument cowl is pretty straight).

I do have one yard of that material I bought from R-O years ago, just in case (it's an Alfa, lol), but I don't know if it is enough. to redo a couple of panels in the seat bottom and back. I suppose I should just take it to an auto upholstery shop to see what they say.

In the mean time, would still look for good coverings from a Silver Edition rider's seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts