Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I'm building a milano 75 2.0 turbo, with front bmw gearbox and rear alfa 6 differential. I've complete rsr suspension.

In front' ron says to me to do Toe in 4 mm, Camber -2,5 degrees.

But in rear? With my mechanic, the idea was to do -1 degrees, but I talk whit other people and they say to do more camber, around 2-2,5..

As camber I give?

the car is 80% track 20% street, I've external rear brake

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Yes. You want to be sure you don't have negative toe (out) as it will effect straight line stability as well as power on oversteer. I aim for 1/16" toe in which is about 1.58mm.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Id go more for less toe in on the front as these cars do understeer quite abit and a neutral almost toe out wouldnt bee too bad for it, would make for better turn in, also more caner in the rear is not as neccesary because youve now movedost of the weight up front, even though i personally think its negligble you should be fine with your own previous quotes. But id set it up at least 2,60 rear 1,80 or 2,10 front and if possible set the front springs a bit looser and rear a bit tighter, itll help with having a better more stable car with more of a possibilty for over steer versus that dreaded inability to turn.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well i may have missed that bit, but in reality, a bit less toe in will help with turning but a good amount helps with acceleration and it seriously does on an unprepped, unclean and poorly maintained road such as on my 328, i actually asked for more toe out and more camber on mine and it handles like a balanced machine should, i also like your thinking my friend outside the box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts