Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The actual paint on my Milano is not too bad. That being said, the plastic pieces that run the length of the car and are on the bumper, the ones with metal flake in them, are not so hot.

Any idea where I can get something similar? I don't want just flat grey. The sparkle is the attraction.

Thanks in advance

Brad

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Try the auto parts store. The rattle cans are actually pretty decent paint these days. I have found wheel paint is a bit tougher. There are about 1.7 zillion shades of grey.

This is one of the spring jobs for me to do on Milo - once all the snow is gone.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
The actual paint on my Milano is not too bad. That being said, the plastic pieces that run the length of the car and are on the bumper, the ones with metal flake in them, are not so hot.

Any idea where I can get something similar? I don't want just flat grey. The sparkle is the attraction.

Thanks in advance

Brad
Brad,

SEM charcoal metallic is basically a dead-nuts match for original. Duplicolor also has a very close color. It's on the BB somewhere...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,390 Posts
As Rob said the SEM is a great color match and a good quality paint.

I have found the Duplicolor charcoals to have too much metallic flake in them to really match properly if you are only doing some of the trim.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before you do that... I would recommend rubbing on Malco Shine It Aerosol Dressing. It worked wonders on those trim pieces on my Milano as well as the side mirror housings. It also seems to last without making the finish overly shiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts