Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, technically since I was pulling out from a parked position it is my fault even though I checked my mirrors and made sure it was clear.

In reality it was both our faults. Nobody was hurt and the other guy is being chill about it. The funny thing is he works at an Autobody shop.

So...it sucks but eveyone is ok. I'll probably end up selling the Milano and using the proceeds to get the Berlina in ship shape.

Screw it...I'm having a drink...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, indeedy-do, it does.

The really really sucky part is that to get to work I have to drive 30 miles north of where I live everyday. I cannot safely drive the Berlina because there is no wiper motor and the idler arm needs rebuilding, the steering is slop right now.

...sigh...

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
how fast was that car going? took out quite a bit of that poor milano. i feel for you, i was once stopped on the freeway in one of my verde's and was rear ended by some idiot doing about 50 mph.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
That sucks, but the car looks quite fixable; at least from the photo. Why not fix the LF suspension damage & drive the car as is until money & time allow for the body work? I would think it would be easy to find used parts to make the necessary repairs.

I'd hate to see another good Milano get parted out & sent to the crusher...unless I'm the one scoring the parts.:D

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a good car and I'll probably fix it, but right now I have to concentrate on the Berlina.

But don't worry, I feel very strongly about keeping Alfas on the road. It will not go to a crusher, at the very worst it will go to someone who will rebuild it (much like I actually did when I first got it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts