Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently ordered a NOS lighted key section for my Milano key but at this age, the battery is either dead or missing so I figured, no problem, pry it apart and get a new battery. The only problem is that it does not want to come apart. Does anyone know if these come apart or are they glued together and considered disposable? The light not working isn't a huge issue for me but if there is a dead battery in there waiting to corrode and make a mess in my pocket one day, then I'd rather get it apart.

Does anyone have this key still? Any info appreciated.

IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2098.JPG IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2100.JPG IMG_2101.JPG

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,473 Posts
But that drawing doesn't look like the key.

I had my Milano for ten years and I never could figure out how to get the d-mn battery out ? 'course I never used that key because it was so big and chunky.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From that drawing, it looks like maybe the round battery cover twists to disengage the tab. I tried that before seeing this and again just now but no go. Time to do a little translating...

Thanks for the diagram!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think that's a different key...Geez, how many different lighted Milano keys did they have?

Anyway, here's the translated text:

Remove cover 1 by sliding it sideways.
Remove the control button 2 from its housing.
Replace the battery taking care of the position with the positive facing upwards.
Reinsert the button in its seat making the tongue 3 coincide with the groove 4
reassemble the cover.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Looks like my 94 164 manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts