Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,865 Posts
While we still have the one in our Milano, we disconnected it, as we found that it tended to empty the fluid tank at a prodigious rate. Too fast for us, when we would rather have enough wiper fluid instead. Besides, we found that the headlight spray didn't really clean the headlights work a darn. A paper towel run over the headlights once in a while is infinitely better.

In other words, I wouldn't bother, just disconnect the wiring for that pump and seal the hole in the hose.

This is similar to the headlight washers for the 1991-93 164, as they don't work after a while, the little rising nozzles jamming from bad wear after a few uses. We just disconnected that wiring and plugged the line.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you have the space and the will, I would recommend one of these pumps:

12V DC 80PSI 70 5 L MIN Diaphragm High Pressure Water Boat Sprayer Pump | eBay

My Montero had a broken headlight washer pump and it was selling for $350 at the dealership. I turned the broken pump into a reservoir adapter, removing the motor half, and plugged this pump in. Worked through a rough winter, and worked well.

·
Premium Member
15,865 Posts
The trouble is, you will need the windshield spray a lot more than the headlight washers, and we found that because the headlight washer pump sucks up so much fluid, we would run out of fluid for the windshield at inopportune times, much to our dismay.

Your choice, though.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I recently bought one from Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange. I know that you can buy a new headlight washer motor from International Auto Parts. The headlight washer motor is the larger one and the smaller one is the windshield washer motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts