Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD Barely used, this was supposed to be for my GTV6 3.0 24v engine, but I could not get it to engage consistently. Maybe because it's for a SOHC motor and the spacing just wasn't right. Either way, I went with the OE unit. 8 lbs lighter than stock. E-transfer or PayPal and you can message me here or [email protected] Retails for $660 US, Full specs here Alfa-Romeo-75-V6-760909AXG.html

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
The Brise starter requires a shim on the flange to work reliably. I posted about it maybe 2 years ago.
$200 is a great deal.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Won't work on an Alfetta, requires a totally different flange.

Angelo, I too had problems with a 24V starter and ended up going with the standard one. I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Brise starter requires a shim on the flange to work reliably. I posted about it maybe 2 years ago.
$200 is a great deal.
I read the thread, it was one of the reasons I went with the Brise. I tried shims from .010 all the way through to .080. It was getting better by that point, just I wasn't feeling comfortable with the amount of engagement. It still wasn't 100% so I regrettably moved on. The Brise really is a nice unit though.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
I used the Brice to give some clearance and leave room for a decent heat shield between it and CSC headers. Once installed it is MUCH easier to remove and install than the stock starter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely, shimming or removing the Brise was much easier than the OE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts