Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Interesting... I can't quite understand why they show so many photos but don't bother to include underside photos. Impossible to tell how it was mated. Also difficult to understand how one puts a different body on a unibody car.

Would be interested whether that VIN is the Milano VIN provided in the listing or if there's a GTV VIN plate. Usually the VIN plates would come with the body, but they are selling it as an 1988 Milano. Becomes more valuable if it's a GTV instead of a Milano for registration purposes, and may get you out of emissions requirements in some places.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
Interesting... I can't quite understand why they show so many photos but don't bother to include underside photos. Impossible to tell how it was mated. Also difficult to understand how one puts a different body on a unibody car.
Yea, the seller isn't doing himself any favors by providing such scant photographic or written information. The ebay description reads in part: The project comes with all the trim, light, bumpers and glass. I would recommend a donor alfa (3.0l Alfa milano)to complete the mechanicals and interior, the project will need a motor, transmission and interior seats, dashboard and a wiring harness. You have to wonder what the back story is - was the shop selling this project commissioned to build it for a client who then ran out of money or lost interest?

Would be interested whether that VIN is the Milano VIN provided in the listing or if there's a GTV VIN plate. Usually the VIN plates would come with the body, but they are selling it as an 1988 Milano. Becomes more valuable if it's a GTV instead of a Milano for registration purposes, and may get you out of emissions requirements in some places.
Registering and smogging it here in California could be a challenge if it's titled as an '88.

·
Registered
142 Posts

They won't show the underside because the stitches have not been pulled out yet.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
There a thread here on the BB of one like this being done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts