Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Car is SOLD.

Car is Bianco Argento with gray corduroy seats and Platinum suede door panels.

Car was a daily driver for me, briefly. Car has S cams, Dean Russell gearbox, new motor mounts, and newer clutch. Brakes are good. Sunroof car. Aftermarket radio works very well. Lots of receipts from previous Alfisti owners and garages.

A/C compressor gone, power steering pump gone. Small rust at arches treated with POR15. However, underbody is near pristine, as car lived in California until 2003.

I purchased this car as a non-runner, and got it running, assembled a lot of disassembled areas, and did some maintenance. Once together, the car behaved very, very well on the road. Shocks are good. No darting, pulling, or odd behaviors at any speed. Heater blower motor has been cleaned out, and heater works great.

The problems: 1 bent intake valve (cylinder number 3). The shim "walked" off of cylinder number 3, and got caught between the tappet and valve stem, and the valve lash is wider than spec but not a huge amount. It needs a valve, but it did run (amazingly well, in fact). A bit baffling as this happened at cruise speed (60 mph in 5th gear) at constant RPM. Rear ANSA muffler included but not installed. Tires should be replaced soon.

Handbrake works, doesn't stick.

Anyways - more details to those interested, but the Milano is a very solid, straight, and original car. Pull the head and pop in a new valve and you're good to go. There are a lot of extras that are negotiable with the car (red rear springs, bigger front sway bar, Koni shocks, etc.). The car should be trailered away. I have NO room for this and I'm moving, otherwise this easy fix would be done by me and I'd keep it.

I'd hate to see it happen to such an unmolested car, but if you're involved with a LeMons proposition, get in touch with me. We will work something out.

CAMS are not available separately but thanks for asking!

SOLD

Photos:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh - and a couple of videos from when I was driving the car daily.

note: after all the instrumentation was "fixed" to work again, the oil pressure warning light switch dumped. The car makes excellent oil pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
ummmmm....Dude, I thought you loved this car?

maybe it is time to get an Alfetta GT (the real afla) ;)

Cheers, X

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummmmm....Dude, I thought you loved this car?

maybe it is time to get an Alfetta GT (the real afla) ;)

Cheers, X
I do! If I could keep it I would. You saw the garage...no room! And, I'm going to be moving - this one can't stay. You know I want to keep it. There's receipts for the gearbox for more than I want for the whole car.

I haven't sold it yet, don't have room, and you're telling me to get another Alfa ;) . I hear there's a nice Red GT in Canton. I'd consider a trade for this car :D

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
oooooo..that would be awesome..do you know who owns this allegedly nice GT? Maybe I want it....

;)

geeze..600$...You should just strip out the good stuff and junk the car

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey, Nephew...is that Dean Russell box a LSD?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooooo..that would be awesome..do you know who owns this allegedly nice GT? Maybe I want it....

;)

geeze..600$...You should just strip out the good stuff and junk the car
You know I don't have the heart to do that to a nice car. I'm hoping the low price will attract someone who will just fix it and drive it.

Hey, Nephew...is that Dean Russell box a LSD?
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. It's definitely the 4:10 ratio.

I have an LSD box sitting on the garage floor you know.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Platinum or Verde box?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SOLD, to a great Alfa guy.

Also - I got a few questions about the grille and the tow hooks.

The grille was looking ratty (as seen in some photos). Some other photos it looks different/new. They were just before/after shots, not a different grille. I sanded down the main portion and painted with "hammered finish" by rustoleoum, and painted the chrome "heart" triangle with a metallic black (chrome looked odd to me). The black strip on top of the grille where the hood closes is just vinyl electrical tape (typically this area gets scraped over time) to protect the paint. Very easy mini-project and made it look new.

As for the RED tow hooks: I get BRIGHT RED paint and paint the tow hooks on all my Alfas as it will hopefully encourage anyone, should the unfortunate need arise, to strap using the HOOKS and not the A-arms or anything else!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts