Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By pure coincidence I seemingly designed and ordered 3D printed fog light clips the same time as fourmotioneer designed the hood prop clip.

Anyway the white clip pictured is the 3D printed one, the black one is an original one for comparison.

Since I live in the Netherlands and most of you guys are in the US, shipping them over is way too expensive. So I set up a Shapeway shop where you can order them, and they are 3D printed locally and you guys save on shipping.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/alfa-parts

·
Premium Member
16,074 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone who wants a set can PM me, and I'll send a private link where you can order them directly from shapeways for most cost effective shipping etc.

However be aware: the reason I took them offline publicly is because they are not truly plug and play: you need to royally use some plastic clearcoat on the clip, otherwise the nylon material can swell up over time due to moisture. still holds the foglight just fine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone who wants a set can PM me, and I'll send a private link where you can order them directly from shapeways for most cost effective shipping etc.

However be aware: the reason I took them offline publicly is because they are not truly plug and play: you need to royally use some plastic clearcoat on the clip, otherwise the nylon material can swell up over time due to moisture. still holds the foglight just fine
I can't send you a PM yet, since I'm new here and I still don't have the 10 required posts to be able to send PM's.

Soon, hopefully... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
Niece work!
Is it possible that you will share the 3D priter file? I have access to a smal 3D printer at my work.
I need clips for several of my cars.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts