Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Milano Platinum and a silver. The platinum has every option the Verde has except the 3.0. Is this unusual? Is there a place that could reference my VIN and give me more info on this car. Its the 2.5 5 speed and its a strange color combination. I was told it was taken to Itally from the US to be "driven" there then shipped back. It has extra badging on the fenders and rear also along with normal product stickers such as: Michelin, Koni and others. It did have Koni adjustable shocks and it has drilled rotors. This car hasnt been on the road in years, but before I get it back on I want info on it as to how I want to paint it and stuff.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,423 Posts
I have a Milano Platinum and a silver. The platinum has every option the Verde has except the 3.0. Is this unusual?
Please be more specific with what you mean by "option" - are you saying you have a Platinum that has the Recaro interior, body kit, orange gauges, and 3.55 ratio transaxle out of a Verde?

Also, in 1988 and 1989 model year the Platinum model was automatic only, IIRC.

A picture or two would help us figure out what you have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have posted my year wrong on the car. Ill have to recheck I cant remember which is which. It is a Platinum car with a 5 speed and 2.5. It did not have an interior when I got it and it now posses the interior out of the silver. I cant remember if it has the orange gauges or not. Ill have to check that also. It has the spoiler that is part of the body molding, it says milano on one side on the back and 2.5 v6 on the other. It had Koni adjustable suspension which was removed before i got it. It has speeline wheels, the rear brake rotors are drilled and the front have been changed. It has 2 fender emblems on each from fender I will get detailed pictures this weekend. I only have one right now. This pic is when I picked it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow... that ended up really small... you may have to do a little enhancing to see it better.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,423 Posts
wow... that ended up really small... you may have to do a little enhancing to see it better.
I get the idea. It really sounds like somebody put a Verde body kit on your car. Most of the other things you describe are typical aftermarket performance additions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That may be what it is.

·
Premium Member
16,248 Posts
As well, the 89 Gold Milano came with the Silver interior and the Verde spoiler in back. The last ones were a mixed bag of left overs I think.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is definitely a Platinum. The interior was black and all of it was there except the seats and we took the seats out of the Silver cause it has some rust and the platinum is rust free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts