Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the latch out of the door panel and am trying to understand why the lights won't trigger. It seems that the switch is normally closed and when the door opens it should open the switch and trigger the timer. The switch is a plastic wafer about 3/4"x1-1/4"x1/8" with two leads on top of a plate that needs to move when the latch is open. First time that Ive been into one of these. I'm thinking of putting a switch in the jam and call it an upgrade. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honestly the courtesy light system is a mystery to me.
There are switches in the doors, a relay in the relay box and its all connected to the ARC.

At some point randomly my lights started working the wrong way round. Close the door and the lights went on, open the door and they went out. Removed the relay so they don't come on and haven't bothered since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the switch in the latch is a reed switch. Very complex for a courtesy light system in my opinion. There is probably a good reason. My switch won't open. It evidently sends the signal to the ARC when it opens. I might just get a good used unit rather than finding a suitable door jam switch and dealing with installing it. Maybe it's about the very low voltage talking to the ARC. Thanks for your post.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had the same issue and spent about 4 hours trying to repair the switch to no avail. Ended up swapping in a good used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts