Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted on the Alfetta GTV6 the potential of replacement timing belt covers.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, we decided to go ahead with the project and made the moulds. Cannot stop work, virus or not.
the one on the right (passenger side) is ready and plashed. The other, not quite there.
Will post the first unit once made.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other mould is almost finished, we have the round tubing that is inbedded in the covers,
and I am wondering if people will want the round caps, as they are expensive to manufacture,
and normally, they should all be intact, hopefully not in the trash along the timing covers :)

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am exploring having the Ignition cables bracket remade by a 3D guy here. any interest?

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
The round caps were still available last summer at about $25.00 each.

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
It looks nice on the inside. How does the outside look? That's more important, along with the increased durability of course. The ones on our 89 Milano still look good, keeping them coated in ArmorAll, which may or may not do anything, lol. Still, depending on the outside appearance and price, I might be interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks nice on the inside. How does the outside look? That's more important, along with the increased durability of course. The ones on our 89 Milano still look good, keeping them coated in ArmorAll, which may or may not do anything, lol. Still, depending on the outside appearance and price, I might be interested.
The photos are of the molds. Given the highly detailed and smooth finish of the interior of the molds, the finished exterior should be identical once the covers are cast/formed. These may be the only options for GTV6 and Milano owners going forward, nobody else is making replacements and existing ones will crumble eventually. Being made of fiberglass, these will likely out live many of the cars they get fitted to.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Del,
They will look like this on the outside.
Kind regards,
Alberto

This comment was posted to the quality of my work:

"I was finally able to install the Spica fuel injection timing belt cover that Alberto has reproduced and it fits perfect. here are some pictures of it on my engine before I install it in the car."

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Got it. Wasn't mentioned previously that it was just the mold, but clearly makes sense. Settle on a price some day, and maybe we can talk.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Del, unfortunately, the two forum sections cannot be merged on one single thread, so you sort of have to bounce between one and the other. Too much time for me to post on both. Some reply on one, some on the other.

The price, will be fair, as we always have with all parts produced. I would not expect it to be a gift, but then no one works for free, and a huge consideration is the fact that no one in the world will offer the parts.

Just in the moulds we will have 50+ hours as we also had to repair the VERY deteriorated samples that were kindly lent to us, then will come the parts, and of course, the larger the order tally, the less expensive will be the initial moulding process.
Besides, if you are into fibreglass, you will be aware that a mould needs upkeep as they deteriorate rather easily.

The round caps will not be included as I assume they are not in the trash, or if desired, they can.
Of course, more $.

The choice, at least to me, is fairly clear, the covers or potentially, the engine .
Will keep all posted.

Regards, Alberto

1 - 15 of 15 Posts