Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Two weeks ago I bought my first Milano, an '87 Verde. I've been sorting a few issues, including a broken rear flex disk and some miscellaneous minor electrical issues. But Thursday I noticed a large leak in the brake system. Tonight I finally had time to see what the issue was.

At some point in its life the brake line to the rear brakes broke. And someone repaired it by cutting out the center section which broke and clamping some rubber hose--it looks like fuel hose, but I'm not sure--to the to halves of the line. There are about 10 hose clamps holding it all together.

Needless to say, I'd like to replace the entire line rather than try to tighten up the clamps :) However I'm not sure of the line routing. The hose starts just behind the transaxle cross member. It looks like there are about two 90 degree turns missing, but I can't really tell. I've checked the brake section of the workshop manual, but it doesn't have much information on the brake lines. Does anyone have a picture or a description of the routing?

Thanks,
Alex

1 - 1 of 1 Posts