Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an English version of this book,
ALFA ROMEO MILANO 75 DRIVEN TO BE DIFFERENT BOOK 3.0 V6 2.5 QV HISTORY KOEBRUGGE
Let me know if any one has one, and your price.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
159 Posts
Girlfriend at time bought it for me out of Holland ten years ago..
20201219_170703.jpg
Unfortunately I can't sell it
20201219_170652.jpg

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I always wanted one but never did buy one. I remember they were what...$150 or something? Then prices rose steadily, now I see one on eBay for $1600! Insane. And looking at completed auctions, looks like one sold!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hello members,

Amazing how some books, with a limited number of copies, get so expensive.
This book was printed in a limited run by a real Alfista. I talked to him a couple of times.
I sold some of this 75 books while working in a carbooks and modelcar shop in The Netherlands. I remember this book was scarce in the end.

The chances for a reprint of this book is relatively small, it takes quite an investment before it might pay for itself. Not easy to find. Although a price of 1600 USD looks nuts to me.

So try to find an less expensive one and cherish it.

Ciao, Olaf

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always wanted one but never did buy one. I remember they were what...$150 or something? Then prices rose steadily, now I see one on eBay for $1600! Insane. And looking at completed auctions, looks like one sold!
That was me that purchased it. Only it was for $670.00. I found out after a week, that ebay automatically assigned a higher price for the next copy of the book. Problem was after a week, the seller (a real ***, had a not so good phone call with him before I purchased it) canceled the sale with no explanation! He just refunded my money and that was it.
I called the store and talked to an employee, he was very nice. But informed me that the owner is to only one that handles the on line book sales. I asked if I could purchase the book directly from him, he said the owner would fire him.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you guys that own the book, tell me if it worth purchasing a copy if I can find one?
And my question is ( that I asked the store owner before I thought I purchased it. ) is the section on 3.0 A fairly good size section? The store owner told me I would have to purchase it to find out. It was to much trouble for him to pull the book and tell me.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That Alfa 75 book is rare. I don't have that one, but I do have this one that is written in Italian by Giorgio Nada. Its about 120 pages. Very nice book.

20201220_142906.jpg

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,168 Posts

·
13,168 Posts
Never mind, I answered my own question. You left feedback and that's great. Looking through the negative feedback for the last month, it looks like he did this to someone else:

Seller refunded my money, kept the listing up but raised the price over $50 more
SHOP MANUAL F150 F250 FORD SERVICE REPAIR BOOK CHILTON HAYNES F350

If there is a way to report him to eBay, I would certainly do it.

This is really unethical. I have bought several of the Patrick Dasse books from him. I'm currently waiting for my latest purchase to arrive. I don't think I'll be buying from him anymore.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you guys that own the book, tell me if it worth purchasing a copy if I can find one?
And my question is ( that I asked the store owner before I thought I purchased it. ) is the section on 3.0 A fairly good size section? The store owner told me I would have to purchase it to find out. It was to much trouble for him to pull the book and )
That Alfa 75 book is rare. I don't have that one, but I do have this one that is written in Italian by Giorgio Nada. Its about 120 pages. Very nice book.
I have this book, I installed a translator App on my phone so I could read it.
View attachment 1664153

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian,
I agree with you. The employee I spoke with after my order was canceled, told me ebay lists how many copies of the item the seller has. He said he did not think they had any more copies of the book. The entire logic of the way ebay does that and raises the price of the item for the next listing is odd.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI,1988 Milano Gold Auto
734 Posts
About a year ago I ordered a Milano owners manual from Books4Cars. When it didn't arrive after a month I called them to see when it had been shipped. Alex told me that he was "still searching for a copy." Several weeks later I got an email that one was available, but the price was almost twice the original! Not a good business model! I wonder how many of these Milano books he actually has in stock?

·
13,168 Posts
Brian,
I agree with you. The employee I spoke with after my order was canceled, told me ebay lists how many copies of the item the seller has. He said he did not think they had any more copies of the book. The entire logic of the way ebay does that and raises the price of the item for the next listing is odd.
I've listed things on eBay. I have to manually add the quantity. Now, I could be wrong, but there could be a way for eBay to read an inventory, but I don't think that is the case.

I looked further back through the negative feedback. He's done the same thing to several others. I don't think I'll be supporting Books4Cars anymore. I don't like the business practices.

Maybe someone with a copy of the book could snap some pictures of the 3.0 section so you could see it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI,1988 Milano Gold Auto
734 Posts
Right now the book is listed on the Books4Cars website at $999.95. What a bargain lol.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts