Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Anyone have a Teves MKII pump/motor assembly from a Verde? Condition not too important, as I plan on attempting a rebuild as a winter project.
Hi,I have the pump and pressure switch. $50 plus ship

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, thanks to all for the responses. Working my way down the list! Greg, FYI your site is slick but I am having some difficulty navigating around trying to find your ABS items. Unless you meant the ALFABB Classifieds?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Jim

I bet someone on the BB will give you the required parts. ABSectomy! If I still had mine (worked fine), I'd give it away. They're not very valuable since they're supposedly not rebuildable. Maybe you'll change that!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Wow, thanks to all for the responses. Working my way down the list! Greg, FYI your site is slick but I am having some difficulty navigating around trying to find your ABS items. Unless you meant the ALFABB Classifieds?

They are in the alfabb classifieds, and they are very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Jim

I bet someone on the BB will give you the required parts. ABSectomy! If I still had mine (worked fine), I'd give it away. They're not very valuable since they're supposedly not rebuildable. Maybe you'll change that!

Good working low mileage units are going to become valuable specifically because they are not rebuildable, at least not economically. That fact that the system shared components with the Ferrari F355 will eventually cause the prices to go up as well.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, while we're on the subject...although a working pump and accumulator will keep the basic braking system operating, without a source for new wheel speed sensors soon, there will be no ABS function on any of these cars. WE NEED A SOURCE FOR NEW ALFA ROMEO MILANO ABS WHEEL SPEED SENSORS.
Ahem.
I will stop shouting now.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Good working low mileage units are going to become valuable specifically because they are not rebuildable, at least not economically. That fact that the system shared components with the Ferrari F355 will eventually cause the prices to go up as well.
So what components are actually the exact same? I don't know the answer to that.

I do know that the pumps, switches, accumulators, sensors, some other pieces were used in other, less expensive cars (VW, Pontiac, Buick, Ford, Saab, BMW, etc) and can be interchanged pretty easily. Don't see those becoming super valuable but you never know. (SOME) Ferrari owners can be resourceful, just ask those who sort through the Alfa parts bin for window switches!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm. Well, I sent a PM to alfalfa339 three days ago with no response; had a zero-post new member named 'roy169' PM me and insist only on MoneyGram as payment after I asked to used PayPal (and even offered to pay his seller's fee); Greg, your pump assembly for sale on EBay is part of a set that includes things I don't want and it is priced too high for a cheapskate like me (unless you are willing to sell just the pump assembly?)
Kevin can you root around in your tote collection and find one to sell to me?
Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Hmm. Well, I sent a PM to alfalfa339 three days ago with no response; had a zero-post new member named 'roy169' PM me and insist only on MoneyGram as payment after I asked to used PayPal (and even offered to pay his seller's fee); Greg, your pump assembly for sale on EBay is part of a set that includes things I don't want and it is priced too high for a cheapskate like me (unless you are willing to sell just the pump assembly?)
Kevin can you root around in your tote collection and find one to sell to me?
Thanks!
Jim
Jim

Did you ever find one? Here is some ABS stuff listed for a REASONABLE price on eBay. Trustworthy seller and BB member and fellow transaxle sufferer.

Anti Lock Brake System ABS Pump Alfa Romeo Milano Master Cylinder Computer | eBay

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Selling another pump and Accumulator with an untested Master Cylinder. The pump worked fine as well as the accumulator but was original. I had changed it for a new one.

gregsagfg | eBay

Greg

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm looking for a good pump and accumulator as well. Anyone have any leads?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts