Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with a leaking steering pump for a couple of years now. The mechanic couldn't find rebuilt pumps at the time, so he rebuilt it himself, after I tracked down some o-rings. This stopped most of the leaks, but the center seam continued to leak. A few months ago we tried again, after ordering some o-rings recommended on an older thread on this site. However, those o-rings didn't fit, and the o-ring my mechanic used in the center seal, while it looked right, didn't work.

The leak has become pretty bad, and the mechanic is ready to convert it to manual -- I'm willing to give one more try to keep the power steering. I briefly had it configured for manual steering a few years ago, and didn't care too much for how heavy the steering was trying to maneuver around parking spaces. But I am tired of the leak. Are there any sources for professionally rebuilt pumps? I did see the recent thread about converting it to use a different pump, which one of my coworkers mentioned, but I don't know if I am that ambitious. The car is basically a daily driver, although under the current pandemic conditions, it gets driven a lot less than it used too.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
MEAT & DORIA 37001 is the correct rebuild kit with all the right o-rings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts