Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Milano 3L Exhaust Manifold

Wanted 
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Samana76 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I will soon be swapping a 164S 3L engine in my GTV6 and I am in need of a pair of Milano 3L Exhaust Manifolds to replace my old 2.5L ones. I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area. I can pick them up if your are near by or have them shipped to me if not.

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Igor

#5 ·
Hello again,

I'm still looking for a pair of Milano 3L exhaust manifolds for my GTV6. I haven't had any luck with APE as of today, so hopefully someone here has a spare they are willing to part with.

If you do please PM me with your price including shipping to zip code 94010. Thanks.

Cheers,
Igor

#11 ·
I would never put a 2.5 liter manifold on a 3.0 liter engine. I have both cars and have extra manifolds except for the passenger side 3.0 liter manifold that tends to break. I bought new 3.0 liter manifolds and they were expensive. The Milano and GTV6 parts are expensive and that is the cost of driving these cars. I believe if you cannot afford the parts then do not drive the car.

#13 ·
Hello Everyone,

I thank you all for your comments and interest in this post, however this is not a debate about installing 2.5L exhaust manifolds vs installing 3L ones on a 3L engine. I appreciate everyone's input regarding this topic but, as we can see, people have varying opinions about it. I'm just looking to find a pair of 3L exhaust manifolds at a decent price. If I can find them, great! If not I will either wait or find another solution. I hope I am not offending anyone, but I would like to keep this thread on topic. Thank you all for your understanding.

X kuni123456 - please do not assume, especially based on a few lines of text in a forum, that I, or anyone else, can or cannot afford to drive this, or any other, vehicle. I feel that if the cost of the 3L manifolds reach a certain price then I would prefer to purchase a completely new performance header system with exhaust from Centerline. In my opinion purchasing 3L manifolds make sense if they are under a certain cost.

X RoryJ - believe me I know how expensive Porsche parts can be. I had a 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S into which I poured thousands of dollars to have the engine completely rebuilt as well as many other things done to it. It was a excellent specimen but I eventually decided to sell it because I have more fun in the Alfa.

Cheers Everone.
Igor

#14 ·
Igor, good luck with the hunt, sorry I'm not of more help. Agree that aftermarket headers are the way to go at a certain cost point.

Funny you mention your 944 Turbo -- the car I was referencing was an '89 944 S2 (the 3-liter, 16 valve version). I too sold the Porsche simply because the Alfa was a similar layout (front engine/rear drive, transaxle car) and waaaay more fun to drive than the P-car.

#16 ·
Ugh, let's just let the guy look for some 3.0L manifolds and leave the age old 2.5 vs 3.0 debate for the other forums.

Bump..

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.