Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Anyone have one of these they want to part with? There are normally from Either a verde or Platinum. I have a 20mm currently on my sedan.

Please PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you can't find one out there, I believe Performatek offers new ones. When upgrading to a stiffer bar up front, it's usually a good idea to add the weld-on gussets at the mounting holes to prevent the bolts from ripping out of the chassis under heavy loads.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I was thinking they had the 24mm bar too. No? I had been advised by one much wiser than I on these questions. Was told the 27mm would give me a track car, and for my goals I'd be happiest with the 24. Knowing that, I sold a 27mm Shankle unit that I found on my organ donor, and used that to source a 24 from a Verde. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have a complete 27mm used front bar set-up from a Milano. $125 plus shipping.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Pete, planning to stick with 24mm (at this time anyway). You know I'll hit you up if something changes!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'm basically happy with the ride and handling now. Just trying to get a bt more front grip/turn in, so planning to add the bar (to negate the car rolling so muh onto sidewalls/positive camber), perhaps some more negative camber and possibly relocate the battery to the trunk.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, don’t know the specs unfortunately. I just know that if I can get the front turned I can pretty much mat the accelerator as there is so much rear grip and stability.

would love to relocate the battery. It’s 40 lbs hanging right in the nose plus it would clear the engine bay some.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
No, don’t know the specs unfortunately. I just know that if I can get the front turned I can pretty much mat the accelerator as there is so much rear grip and stability.

would love to relocate the battery. It’s 40 lbs hanging right in the nose plus it would clear the engine bay some.
I relocated my battery to the trunk, but before I drove the car.
24mm bar up front and a performamce alignment, in no particular order, will tickle your fancy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have two extra Milano bars. You wouldn't need the extra reinforcement welding with just the Milano bar. $50 plus shipping from 89509. What size torsion bars do you run? we're lucky with the alfetta I have 33mm torsion bars and use the original alfetta sway bar with poly bushings. Also added the #300 rear springs and the original rear sway bar too. Formula works for me for tarck days and spirited mountain pass driving in the Sierras.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a Milano front and rear sway bars. $50 each plus shipping. How do you ship a sway bar?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Larry at APES sent mine in a long, rather flat box.

What does that rear bar measure by the way?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Poly bushings on the front bar? Links look to be poly. Center mounts?

·
Premium Member
13,987 Posts
You got a good deal on the right bar. IMO 27 mm is almost too much for a street GTV6. The weak point of the handling of my street/track GTV6 was understeer in sharp turns and I may have gone back to 24 mm sway bar if I had kept the car.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
I’ll have a buddy pick mine up. He’s in Reno frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts