Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Milano 24-valve New Pictures! (Now with Dyno Vid!)

I did a little Milano switcheroo recently. To make a long story short I sold my mechanically finished 24 valve Milano project (still needed interior & paint) to Nizam and used the money plus some to buy this finished car from Larry. The car is mechanically pretty much the same as my old car other than a few small details. I've been working so much I was never going to have the time to finish the other car so I decided to go this route when I heard Larry was selling the 24v Milano.

Here are some pictures:

Some quick specs:

- 3.0L 24 valve 164Q motor
- Autodelta EPROM chip
- Lightened front & rear flywheels
- Custom headers & plenum (along with all the other bits to make 24v fit)
- Extensively lightened gears & modified LSD.
- Custom front tower bar
- Porsche 944 turbo front calipers with 12.5" custom 2-piece rotors
- Euro bumpers, headlights & gauge cluster
- 16x7" SSR Competition wheels (11lbs!)
- Drop spindles
- Sparco progressive springs
- Tons of other stuff I don't have time to list (would be pages and pages of stuff!)

Pretty much the only things I'm going to do to the car are: Swap out the 3.54 rear end for a 4.10 and install the RSRacing coilover setup. :D

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
"Pretty much the only things I'm going to do to the car are: Swap out the 3.54 rear end for a 4.10 and install the RSRacing coilover setup. "

It's never done hehe :).

BTW, don't you have bigger things to think about these days? (Hint hint).

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
75evo said:
"Pretty much the only things I'm going to do to the car are: Swap out the 3.54 rear end for a 4.10 and install the RSRacing coilover setup. "

It's never done hehe :).

BTW, don't you have bigger things to think about these days? (Hint hint).
Yeah, I know. :)

Hey, hey, hey! I get enough harassment already about that, trust me! ;)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
holy crap that thing is damm nice, really really nice in a sleeper kinda of way.

Now i must ask u, wich one is faster, the milano or the s2k?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dave_fonz_164 said:
holy crap that thing is damm nice, really really nice in a sleeper kinda of way.

Now i must ask u, wich one is faster, the milano or the s2k?
Thanks!

My old 24 valve Milano with the 4.10 rear end was pretty much dead even with the S2k, with the Milano losing a tiny bit of ground at each shift. You can just shift the S2k so much faster than the Milano, even with the lightened gears.

We raced the 24 valve Milano with 4.10 vs. 24 valve with 3.54 and the car with the 4.10 had a noticable advantage.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
interesting, i was assuming the milano would be fractionally quicker with its major torque advantage and similar weight, but those hondas have incredible shifting action.

wich sounds better?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Nothing a lil' elbow grease, several box-o-parts and some Ben Franklin's couldn't do to your Milano, Don! :D

Congrats, Chip! My new 75 Super (3.0V6 24v, yea I have the badges for that) has a date with the painstshop in February, after I clean up my EVO kit!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Those euro bumpers make a worlds difference, and u know what would make it even more euro.....

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Dat be ballin'

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
deep dish mags are pure ballin' outta control, euro style of course.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the euro plate? :p

nizam: i want to do the 24 valve conversion over this winter, or supercharge, not sure which would be better..
only problem with my milano = a bit of rust

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Them WORK whEelz are pHAt yO! Dey r SICKKKKK!

But, they weigh a ton so I'll stick with my SSR Competitions. Can't beat 11lbs per wheel. With the Toyo T-1S I have on mine, the combo is right at 30lbs ... compared to 42lbs with the stock 15x6" Benzoni or Speedlines (including Pirelli P600 195/55/VR15 tires). Just putting on those wheels (whEelZ?) changed the character of the car so much that I couldn't go back :)

Don, Milanos are a dime-a-dozen these days (in some places, quite literally). Surely you can find a rust-free junker from out west?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Congrats Chip! Looks good.

Jes

·
Premium Member
9,767 Posts
Very nice! I am alos looking into a Milano! I have a 24V engine with 45mm intake runners ready to go!
Sweet ride!
Jason
AR4me said:
Congrats Chip! Looks good.

Jes

·
Registered
318 Posts
She looks fantastic, what color is that and I was going to ask the same exact question as da fonz...which one's quicker! :cool:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the comments!

To answer a few questions:

Of course the Alfa sounds better! ;) The S2000 has an evil sound at 9000rpm too, but nowhere near as sweet as the 24v V6.

I'm pretty happy that the car is equal to the S2000 in a race from a roll, the S2000 is no slouch. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. I'm betting the Milano is a tiny bit quicker if we raced from a stop, but I don't like abusing donuts, clutch, etc.

The color is a quality respray of the original color. The color code is missing from the trunk though, so I'm not sure exactly what it is. The car is originally a Platinum, but the color is darker than the other blue Plat that is driving around SD. Anybody have a list of Milano color codes?

Nizam, you should have badges going all the way across the back of your car... "Alfa Romeo Milano 75 3.0L V6 24v Super Q" ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts