Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched around the BB. There were a couple threads but not much info. Just wondering if anyone has successfully made this conversion? Pics?

I'm not saying I'm giving up on the SPICA system, just exploring some options. :)

I believe this kit is for Triumph cars.

Thanks,

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
A complete conversion sold on eBay a couple of months ago. It went for a bargain. Wish I would have bid on it now. I think the Mikunis would make a dandy conversion.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
The Mikunis would make a nice conversion. But if I were going to the trouble of replacing the Spica with something that didn't just bolt together, I think I would go to EFI. There have been a number of successful conversions to electronic fuel injection using the Spica manifold.

Erik

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know a few people went to Micunis with very good results. There were at the same era the Japanese alternatives to Webers or Dellortos. They run excellent in Toyota's Celica at that time. Great Carbs, ideed!

·
Richard Jemison
7,188 Posts
Mikuni`s

There are automotive Mikuni`s which are better than Solex or Delortos but will not flow as well as same size Webers...
Then there are the Motorcycle type large bore Mikuni`s that will outflow any carb it`s size. The pic earlier in this thread are those individual body carbs. They are not legal in SCCA racing however.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have a set of Mikuni 44Phhs on my track car. They flow far better than an alfa head will without a ton of port work. The 44s will flow 211 cfm per barrel, I'm not sure any alfa head will come close to flowing that much. I run 39mm venturis in mine, and my head (on the track car) flowbenched at 212.4 cfm. I have tried to get Webers to run correctly on several different cars, and haven't had much success. The Mikunis are simple, and easy to setup. If I were to convert to carbs, I'd run the Mikunis without a second thought. I think a set of 40s opened up or a set of 44s with 34 mm venturis would be a good setup.

Will

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
i personaly have been eyeballing this direction for a few diferent engine types...and imo if you want to go in that kind of direction id go with a set of gxr units ...its a VERY common swap onto honda cars and toyotas from what ive read/heard they work EXTREEMLY well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts