Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics I took at Mid-Ohio this past weekend.
If anyone knows these people and if they want higher res copies just let me know (86Spider(at)gmail(dot)com)!

Look through the web page and post your favorites.....:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/86Spider/MidOhio

Here are a few to start:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Looked like fun:):cool:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Looked like fun:):cool:

Great pics! I forwarded the links to Roman Tucker (#93) and Bernardo Martinez Jr. (#24...my former race car). Sounds like Peter Stark and Jr. had a great race in the All Italian Race. I new my car would be fast in the right hands. Also great to see Wil Painter made it back out there! I know that he couldn't run at VIR, but was hoping to have it ready for Mid Ohio.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hmmnn.

Let me see, 1st off # 22 really caught my eye. :D But that step-nose(#58) is sweet as well. ;) But then #36 looks like it corners quite nicely! And then there's # 47 :eek: I cant make up my mind :( I luv them all! :D

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Here are some I took with my crappy camera that doesn't have the big weiner lens.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I new my car would be fast in the right hands./QUOTE]

Peter, I hope you negotiated the price of your GTV with a bonus for you if Bernie Jr. won in it the 1st time out! Junior is incredibly fast. I think he and Besic (1750 roundtail) both got into the lower 1:42's by the time the weekend was over. Then there were a whole group of us about a second and a half back. I ran my fastest lap 1:43.9 in the last lap of the last race of the weekend. Kind of like scoring a birdy on the 18th whole. It keeps you coming back!

The #22 car is as pretty a GTV as you will ever see. It belongs to Rob Davenport and is maintained by David Leivian in Wichita. Rob's Dad, Dick, won at least one C-Sedan SCCA national championship in a GTA in the early 70's. In the Italian Cars Race, Rob, Tom Benjamin, myself and Rod Beer started #5 through #8. Our best laps were all within 3/10ths of a second during the race. Rob missed a shift with the checker in sight and I squeezed by for 3rd place behind Bernie Jr. and Besic.

Even though the event featured the "Cars of Italy", the only non-Alfas were a Fiat 124 Spider and a Ferrari-Spice sports racing car. The rest of the field was 22 Alfas. We need to do this more often!

Erik Wood (#47 GTV)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey Eric.....why don't you post a picture of your transmission tunnel and tell that story!!!!! In case anyone is curious what happens when a Guibo lets loose at 105mph and about 7000rpm. Doh! The all Alfa race er... Italian race was by far the coolest thing I have ever been a part of in my 4 race career. While the 2.0l were running away at the front, Roman Tucker in his ex-Midgley GTA TA 1750, Sam Cummings in the ex-Kwech 1750 TA GTV and myself in a 1750 GTV from the '71 Canadian Bulova series grided with times within 3 tenths of each other.

One thing I noticed. It seems as a group, the Alfa drivers are really a talented group.

When can we do it again!

Andy

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I had lots of fun, even with a blown head gasket on Friday. The Auto Prep "Men in Black" :cool:boys got to it and put me back on the track in less than I could think of.

We should all define a race to meet for 2008 - if we get the same amount of cars, I am sure we can have an all Alfa race.

We first had the Glen, just had Mid Ohio - Road America next???

·
Registered
422 Posts
Here are a few pics I took at Mid-Ohio this past weekend.
If anyone knows these people and if they want higher res copies just let me know (86Spider(at)gmail(dot)com)!

Look through the web page and post your favorites.....:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/86Spider/MidOhio

Here are a few to start:

I just went through the 91 photographs you have, nice photography.
Are you selling these pictures? If they decide to come to Road America I would like to be there.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hey Eric.....why don't you post a picture of your transmission tunnel and tell that story!!!!! In case anyone is curious what happens when a Guibo lets loose at 105mph and about 7000rpm. Doh! Andy
Andy, the only picture I have is on my Mom's camera. I will post it when I can get it from her. I still don't know what came through the tunnel narrowly missing my leg. We didn't find anything in the car. But it was probably the ear of the transmission driveshaft flange, the bolt and the section of Giubo. While we aren't sure, we suspect that the "ear" of the tranny output flange was cracked. It let go at 7000 rpm in 5th with a bang. Surprisingly, the rest of the Giubo held together, so the driveshaft never dropped. It did crack the bell housing, however. Thanks to David Leivian for loaning us a bell housing and output flange! And thanks to my brother Curtis for helping to pull, repair and repace the tranny on Saturday evening. I could have never done it myself!

By the way, with the gears I'm running, that 7000 in 5th equates to about 118mph. You wouldn't believe the "bang" when that thing let loose! My in-car video camera quit recording for a minute from the shock wave.

Erik

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just went through the 91 photographs you have, nice photography.
Are you selling these pictures? If they decide to come to Road America I would like to be there.
Nope! Not selling anything, these guys put on quite a show! I would be happy to send them a CD or whatever they wanted of the pictures.

You really viewed all 91 of them? Even the hidden picture of GT601??!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Can someone tell me more about the white #159. It looks like a GTA in pictures.. The #93 ex-Midgley GTA looks AMAZING in it's unrestored condition!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone tell me more about the white #159. It looks like a GTA in pictures.. The #93 ex-Midgley GTA looks AMAZING in it's unrestored condition!
The white 159, according to the Mid-Ohio program, is a 1969 GTA jr with a 1290cc engine that belongs to Andy Manganaro of Xenia, OH.
There is no listing for the 93 car...........:(

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Here are some more to keep the thread alive:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The white 159, according to the Mid-Ohio program, is a 1969 GTA jr with a 1290cc engine that belongs to Andy Manganaro of Xenia, OH.
There is no listing for the 93 car...........:(

Andy is a MD and a long time car collector and racer... He's a member of the Ohio Valley chapter of the AROC.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
More pics of our wonderful weekend:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts