Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I use compressed air to blow the bulk of water off my cars. Gets it out of all the nooks etc.
Then a microfibre towel for anything left.
I need to get an air compressor.

They are definitely a good tool for drying.

· Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Wouldn’t an air compressor spew out water/oil/crud from in the tank out on to the paint if used to dry? Then the next thing that happens is to take a towel and rub those things into your paint?

· Registered
4,349 Posts
It's always spotless, I take it out several times (2-3) a month and put 40 to 60 miles per drive but I spend about an hour dusting it down and then use a quick detail wax over all of it including the wheels after each drive.

· Registered
2,277 Posts
We had our new Giulia (Alfa black -gloss black) ceramic coated on day one. It will be 5 years in November. I hand wash (two bucket method) and then use a ladder and the leaf blower to dry the car. 99.9% of the water blows off and leaves the car looking like new. A quick drive and then a wipe with a thick microfiber towel to get the water that blew out of the tight spots during the drive, and she looks showroom new. I am 100% sold on the professionally applied ceramic coating.

· Premium Member
Spiders: 1971 red, 1971 white, 1973 yellow, 1974 Silver, 1980 Brown, 1982 Blue, 1992 and 93 Green
959 Posts
if you put a good coat of wax on the paint, the water won't stick as well when trying to dry the car. There's a product we call Bead Maker by PS. I mix it with spray wax - Turtle Wax Shine and Seal. Does a great job as a topper for your wax.

Also, try Formula 4 from Superior. I use this as a drying agent. Here in So Cal, I have problems with water drying on the paint, so I dilute Formula 4 and spray it on to the paint. Smells like bubble gum - not the best, but not bad. It keeps the water on the paint longer, so I have enough time to dry it with a microfiber. Also, it keeps hard water stains from getting on the paint.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts