Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS IS A TEST POSTING
------------------------------------

I noticed some traffic coming in for "Michael Vick dogfighting video," which is covered on Mahalo. I've heard of dog fighting, of course, but I've never seen videos of it. We we linked to a story that had a video of not only dogs ripping each other apart (not sure this is of his house where fights seems to have taken place) but the second video in the package was of Michael Vick himself blowing off the issue and talking about how everyone will always love him.

What a piece of garbage Michael Vick is. It's clear this guy is guilty and that he doesn't care.

If I was running the NFL I wouldn't let him back on the field, and if I was an NFL player I would refuse to step on the field with this guy. I'm sorry, but I was taught there is a special place in hell for people who beat up and torture kids or animals, and I hope this guy finds his way there.

I'm disgusted.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VW0dhh_Aj6A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VW0dhh_Aj6A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I was actually employed by an Animal rescue group and I do volunteer work on a regular basis and I cannot believe that the NFL and the Atlanta Falcons are supporting Vick. I hope everyone involved goes to prison for a long time. The only good that will come of this is the horrific brutality will be in a much bigger light. Just think if it was a plain old no name thug. We would probably not even be addressing this now.

Oh and on a football note. My team, the San Diego Chargers traded their pick with Atlanta and took Ladainian Tomlinson instead of Vick. So many people said we were insane! Well, we know that Ladainian is a dog lover and Vick is a thug!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Michael Vick Dogfighting Video....

THIS IS A TEST POSTING
------------------------------------

I noticed some traffic coming in for "Michael Vick dogfighting video," which is covered on Mahalo. I've heard of dog fighting, of course, but I've never seen videos of it. We we linked to a story that had a video of not only dogs ripping each other apart (not sure this is of his house where fights seems to have taken place) but the second video in the package was of Michael Vick himself blowing off the issue and talking about how everyone will always love him.

What a piece of garbage Michael Vick is. It's clear this guy is guilty and that he doesn't care.

If I was running the NFL I wouldn't let him back on the field, and if I was an NFL player I would refuse to step on the field with this guy. I'm sorry, but I was taught there is a special place in hell for people who beat up and torture kids or animals, and I hope this guy finds his way there.

I'm disgusted.

Test or not.....

I couldn't agree more....this goes right along with, usually women, who drown their children, throw them off bridges etc. and lie about it.

I saw Michael Vick interviewed on CNN or one of the news shows, what an arrogant piece of work, considers himself above the law --- they wouldn't dare find him guilty.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm not a bleeding heart when it comes to animals, I do enjoy a good steak or pork chops, but I also believe that when we take on the responsibility for our animals we should treat them with respect and humanely. Dog fighting is just plain wrong. If I had my way he would be strung up by his manley parts. Though I don't know for sure but guys like him tend to be wife beaters also. He's not the kind of folks that I want in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Most all these "athletes" in sports nowadays totally suck in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've been generally trying to not follow this whole story because I don't enjoy being disgusted by the current state of American culture which almost grants sports and entertainment figures carte blanche. But is it true that the NFL and the Falcon's are 'supporting' Vick??!? And he's acting defiant vs. contrite?! Sad.

Even more sad is the fact that no one will have the moral fortitude to stand up and do as Simon suggested by refusing to play when he does.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Even more sad is the fact that no one will have the moral fortitude to stand up and do as Simon suggested by refusing to play when he does.
I agree, but in a greater sense it's all about the big bucks for all who play. There are very few who are in the profession to entertain and/or show morality, but instead for the money.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
How did people get so stupid? Drug dealers, screwed up athletes, and scum like Paris Hilton are worshiped by so many, because they can get away with anything.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I agree, but in a greater sense it's all about the big bucks for all who play. There are very few who are in the profession to entertain and/or show morality, but instead for the money.
You're probably right that the insane amounts of money have corrupted the entertainment and sports industries. Greedy (or maybe just 'needy') people with no real sense of self, community, or responsibility. Which brings us to the good Drs. questions....

How did people get so stupid? Drug dealers, screwed up athletes, and scum like Paris Hilton are worshiped by so many, because they can get away with anything.
And my answer: The Media. The acme of irresponsibility. Each outlet more desperate then the other to create sensationalism in a non-stop quest for ratings or sales.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I don't think the NFL or Falcons are "supporting" him, but I'm sure that their lawyers are advising extreme caution on any public announcements they make.

If Vick gets convicted, I wonder if by contract, the Falcons have to pay him anyway . . . . sort of like CEOs do when they get fired or go to prison.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Things have changed in the last few days, the Falcons and NFL have backed off on earlier statements.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Michael Vick Dogfighting Video....

I don't think the NFL or Falcons are "supporting" him, but I'm sure that their lawyers are advising extreme caution on any public announcements they make.

If Vick gets convicted, I wonder if by contract, the Falcons have to pay him anyway . . . . sort of like CEOs do when they get fired or go to prison.
Well, let's see, the head of the "Dream Team" is dead, so short of constructing another such team I would say he's going to jail from the little I've heard about the evidence they have.

On the other hand if enough of these big money players get caught up in legal problems, I would think that smart NFL or NBA etc. attorneys would start writing in clauses, if they haven't already, that the money is payable upon games being played, which makes it kind of difficult to be in jail and play --- I don't think that's considered under the work release provision.

But consider Kobe Bryant who the Laker Organization hired private jets to fly him back and forth to his court appearances so that he could still be at the game on time. If they were hiring private jets, limousines, etc. to get him from one place to another, he was certainly being paid during the pre-trial investigations and hearings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts