Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3rd series 1900 CSS which had the original colour azzurro verde ocean. I think it is an interesting colour but I personally prefer a metallic colour tone. In the Millenove book I found on page 310 an azzurro metallic and a grigio ferro metallic used for the last series and partly also the 1st and 2nd series. Though most paint codes I could find through other threats from this forum, I so far could not manage to find anywhere the paint code for these 2 metallic colours. Does anybody have an idea where I could get them from?
Thanks & regards,
Matthias

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Hello Matthias,

What is the VIN of your 1900? I own 10321 which was also originally azzurro verde oceano, and while at first I didn't want to paint mine that color (I really love the way 1900s look in dark metallic blue) I finally realized it's a really cool color, and not terribly common, especially amongst 1900s.

The paint code for azzurro verde oceano was sent to me by a European owner who found it somewhere, but I don't know where you'd find codes for others.

Ciao!
-tj in los gatos

I have a 3rd series 1900 CSS which had the original colour azzurro verde ocean. I think it is an interesting colour but I personally prefer a metallic colour tone. In the Millenove book I found on page 310 an azzurro metallic and a grigio ferro metallic used for the last series and partly also the 1st and 2nd series. Though most paint codes I could find through other threats from this forum, I so far could not manage to find anywhere the paint code for these 2 metallic colours. Does anybody have an idea where I could get them from?
Thanks & regards,
Matthias

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
the VIN of my car is 10476. Unfortunately I do not know much about its history except that it must have spent a long time in the US. I do have already the paint code for the azzurro verde oceano and got some samples made that show the colour. I have not yet made up my mind but for my taste I probably would prefer a grigio or azzurro metallic which should look very nice on the car.

Regards,
Matthias

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gentlemen, When restoring a car should you not go to the original color, it acceptable to change the color? I am strong thinking of purchasing a project Alfa and may want to change from it original color once I hear back from Mr. Fazio.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In principle I agree with you and I normally would try to follow the original colour in which a car has been delivered. However, when I personally do not like this colour, I see no reason that I should drive around in a car with a colour that I do not like just because a first owner 60 years ago decided for this colour. For me it is absolutely acceptable to change the colour as long as one stays within the original available colour range, which I am doing. Some people might think otherwise but I do not believe there is a right or wrong here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I understand, however my additional concerns would be if it has an affect on the resale value? As much as we love our Alfa's there may be a time that we must get out of them for unforseen circumstances and will the change in color Daley or reduce the sale?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The risk might be smaller by sticking to the original colour. However, if this colour does not have a great appeal that won't help you much.
There are so many factors determining the resale values of your car. if you get most of them right you should in my view not be too concerned about this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts