Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing pics of BMW 2002tii and realized the Kugelfischer MFI lines are a rigid plastic. I've seen such lines on several MFI cars.

Curious to know why some manufacturers used plastic and others metal for MFI lines.

I'm not suggesting changing the SPICA, just curious.

Fuel_Injection_Lines3_SML.jpg.448dfad8ce4186404eafacb357a91817.jpg

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. The Alfa spica lines are double walled metallic hence fireproof and give me a level of safety that I'm glad exists. My experience with plastics leads me to fear the longevity after decades of exposure to heat & chemicals. Sure they look cool...but only because they're different.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
From what I've been able to find, Kugelfisher injection pressure is 250 psi, measurably lower than Spica at 400 psi.

I think Wes Ingram did offer a flexible line kit a few years back; but I do not see it anymore on their price list.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Ric Lovechio supplied the lines. Ballough510 here on BB

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was there some perceived benefit to the plastic lines or is it simply that fabricating the multiwall metal ones as replacements is exceedingly difficult?

·
Administrator
555 Posts
Wes is recommendig the flexible fuel lines for his race engines. With RpM exceeding 7.000 you will get a lot of strong vibrations into the lines with the possibility to brake.
Wes is using Kevlar material.

Bernhard

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes sense thanks Bernhard.

Am I correct that several German MFI cars used this style of line from the factory ?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can we talk about that fan...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That makes sense I recently drove my car with no fan and it was totally fine. I think I am more surprised by the midget fan then I would be by no fan at all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts