Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through all the posts on this subject on the forum and there doesn't seem to be a satisfactory conclusion over a supplier of these clips. I'm not talking about the plastic ones, but the original style metal clips like the one below...

Are they available anywhere please?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Which one below? There were both longer and shorter (metal) type used.

They were once available from AFRA in Italy. You could also hear with elvezio.com (Italy).

Dennis

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've spent time going through all previous posts/links and they are completely inconclusive - no evidence of them being available anywhere. Neither Afra or OKP sell them. The only ones available are the plastic clips, which are not suitable, in my opinion. That's why I revived the subject.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I don´t think you can see the clips on AFRA´s or Elvezio´s webside, you either have to call them or email them.....the same goes for Okparts.....

In addition and in one of the attached links, Joakim (Za-gato) clearly states he bought a batch/set from Elvezio.....

Dennis

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don´t think you can see the clips on AFRA´s or Elvezio´s webside, you either have to call them or email them.....the same goes for Okparts.....

In addition and in one of the attached links, Joakim (Za-gato) clearly states he bought a batch/set from Elvezio.....

Dennis
Elvezio just confirmed to me that they ONLY have the plastic clips.

Similarly negative from Afra and OKP.

In other words, there seems to be no supplier of the metal clips.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Aha ok, then I stand down, you never mentioned you already had it checked, only that you´ve looked through all the posts on this subject not finding any supplier.

Wonder though why they stopped fabricating the metal clips.....

Dennis

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aha ok, then I stand down, you never mentioned you already had it checked, only that you´ve looked through all the posts on this subject not finding any supplier.

Wonder though why they stopped fabricating the metal clips.....

Dennis
They are difficult to make, since they have to be tempered after bending, then drilling of spring steel to make the 2 holes is also difficult as spring steel is so ****ed hard!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
If given the challenge I would contact a supplier of wood pallets in my area for a starting point. Ask them if they use steel strapping which they probably do. If they don't they must have customers who do. This strapping comes in a variety of widths and thicknesses on a roll. You should be able to bed it and form it without too much trouble and retain it's flexural strength where it counts. Good luck. U.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts