Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob: We just managed to get back home after spending the few days in Carlsbad and San Diego which we had been promising ourselves for months and with the hopes of possibly seeing you. When I saw that massive pall of black smoke covering the town, the constant sirens of fire trucks heading inland, and the cars and SUVs full of worried and possibly homeless families, it took me back to 1991 when we were one of them. We almost lost our home in the Oakland Hills fire, so we know what you are going through and the terrible anxiety you must be experiencing. We were more fortunate than 3500 other famillies who lost everything, and I do hope that you will be equally so. Nevertheless we are glad you managed to get out safely and hope that your Alfas are safe too. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Graham Arlen
(currently 164 L(ES)S.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Oh Graham

I am so sorry to have missed you but I promise we will connect! My son and I are planning on being up North in July next for his roller hockey national tourney, God willing. I truly appreciate your prayers and please stay in touch-- you have a place to stay here whenever! (once we clean up the soot it will be a tad nicer but its still really good even dirty!)

bob

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Good to hear your good news on your home front. We prayed for you guys tonight.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Alot of people we know are in the affected areas. Close family lives in Oceanside but so far they have just been covered in ash. One of the founders of the 750/101 discussion group lives in Ramona, and we haven't heard from him yet. We are hoping he is safe. Anyone else affected by the fires in So. Cal?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Chris - we will continue to keep them in our prayer, i will make sure they are added to my church's and sunday schools prayer list, feel free to send names if you feel comfortable and we can pray directly for them
thanks and God bless!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Lew Rosenberger from the 750 group and one other said they were evacuated but didn't know if their house was affected by the fire. So we wait to hear. At least they are safe for now. I was watching the ABC Special last night on the fires, a magnitude we have never seen before. Reminded me of the fires in San Bernardino a few years back where the fire burned all those homes out around the 210/I-15 area.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
BAck to Home!

Many thanks all my friends for the prayers you have provided, keep em coming for the folks that have lost much. God has calmed the winds and right now, although there is much left to control, the firefighters are gaining ground and there is a hope thatwe may escape further significant damage-- but keep praying for mercy for the folks in the deadly path.

This fire was a bit abstract for me -- never saw flames on the ground, Unlike the Cedar fire, where we were directly in the middle of it, this one thankfully passed us to the North by about 4 miles (not much margin for error in 20 knot winds, but nonetheless we were spared).

Many many thanks and what you see on the TV is real. What you dont see is the absolute outpouring of compassion, action, help, etc from the community--- so many volunteers that they are turning them away right now. I live in Americas FInest City -- and these are the times that prove that San Diegans, no matter what nationality, religion, whatever-- are the finest kind!

thanks again friends

bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts