Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I’m looking to buy some centre caps, either original Melbers or something else to fill the holes!

Any leads or suggestions gladly received!

Pictures attached of my Alfa Spider with missing centre caps.

Cheers!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Are they 60mm? There is a set on ebay: 4X MELBER WHEEL CENTER CAP HUB 60MM | eBay Mine looked different (long gone) so I'm wondering if these would work? For wheel center caps universal rim Chrome 4x hub cap 60mm no logo Silver Base | eBay I thought about having new decals printed but never did. I found some overseas vendors that had something close to the correct diameter albeit a slightly different pattern. I can look through my photo archives and see if I have a close up of my old ones if you're interested.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Locking hubs

·
Registered
225 Posts
Let us know how it goes, I had great trouble with the same issue because the flat center caps on the Ebay listings did not fit over the center hub, which sticks out (a little more on front than rear IIRC) preventing them fitting. In fairness to the Ebay seller, they do fit Melber wheels, they just don't fit Melber wheels on my Alfa 105.

The original deep dome caps on 6Alfas pic solve this by being quite deep. In the end, I resprayed my scruffy originals to match the whhels and fitted a new center logo.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have the correct wheel centers. I’ve tried for many years to find original’s to fit and finally came up with these. They need refinishing and would benefit by adding a logo that fits, but these are the original Melber caps. The other center cap is from Ronal and will fit the rear wheels only. The front wheel bearing dust cap interferes with fitment. Since I sold my 3 sets I’ll sell these for $50 plus shipping, Ronal included. Btw, new Ronal caps are available. Pete.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good Pete,

I’ll happily buy the bunch you have and try to refinish them.

Let me know the next steps,
👍

let me
I have the correct wheel centers. I’ve tried for many years to find original’s to fit and finally came up with these. They need refinishing and would benefit by adding a logo that fits, but these are the original Melber caps. The other center cap is from Ronal and will fit the rear wheels only. The front wheel bearing dust cap interferes with fitment. Since I sold my 3 sets I’ll sell these for $50 plus shipping, Ronal included. Btw, new Ronal caps are available. Pete.

·
Registered
'78 Alfetta GTV, '59 Fiat 1200 Cabriolet, '97 Jaguar XJ6 Van Der Plas
1,982 Posts
Pete, you say RONAL center caps are available. I have a set of 15 inch A1's. I would like to get a new set of center caps. Any idea where?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have any caps to part with. Just to adding to the thread for info / future searches.

I have a mixed set of flat and curved caps. They are both 60mm at the base and taper to 54mm at the top. Both are 15mm high to the end of the shiny side part. Total height is 19mm (flat) and 26mm (curved).

Font Motor vehicle Tin Circle Gas

Tableware Dishware Serveware Plate Gas

Coin Currency Money Wood Nickel

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Beautiful Duetto - I have the same Ivory color - great period color. Great wheels - I've been searching for Melber Majors for ever and a day for my '67. Such a unique period wheel. I have 15" Panasports, but those are 'sort of' ubiquitous (especially with the Chinese knock-offs), whereas the Melbers are a rare find indeed! Good luck finding/sorting out proper center caps. Devil is in the details!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts